Ibis Dijon Centre Clemenceau
Inter-Hotel Armony(Dijon)(Great Value!)
$65
$110
  • Restaurant
Hotel Du Palais(Dijon)(Great Value!)
$78
$110
$107
$108
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsno frillsibis dijondirect accessreduced ratepublic car parkgood sizeovernight stophotel is locatedspoke englishgreat roomtriple roomhotel roomcouple of nightstram stopexcellent breakfasteurosparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

As long as you don't get your hopes up this is a good value hotel. It is 15 minute walk from the city center, it has a parking garage, and a restaurant/bar. Materials for the rooms, hallways, and bathrooms are on the economy side, but the beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. Get your room early and the discount makes it worth the stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dominicbr1978
Reviewed September 6, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel was certainly experience. From a rooms perspective it is exactly what you expect from an Ibis, which essentially means simple, small, basic and clean. It was all of those things and met our expectations in that respect. Service from the girls on reception at check-in was friendly and efficient.

Where we had our issues was on departure, and what a departure it was. We were driving to Paris that day, and decided to leave early so we could make it to Versailles by opening time. Therefore we checked-out at about 6am, got my parking ticket validated and headed down to the car park. The night receptionist (who I suspect we have woken up) didn't mention anything about a special procedure, and I assumed (perhaps stupidly) that surely I wasn't the first person in the world to leave this hotel early in the morning. The car park is not exclusively for the hotel, and is shared as both a public car park and also with some neighbouring office buildings.

I had already exited the car park the previous evening when we headed out for dinner, so was aware of the procedure and arrived at the boom gate and entered the ticket. The gate opened and we drove forward only to find a security gate blocking the exit, presumably due to it being out of business hours. Again stupidly I assumed that in the 21st century, there would be some system wherein if one gate is opened using a valid ticket, then the other gate would also open. Not so and we were stuck between the two gates. I walked back to the ticket machine and pressed the 'help' button, assuming that this would call an intercom at the hotel front desk. I knew the hotel front desk clerk spoke English so I announced who I was and asked if he could please open the other gate so we could leave. It apparently wasn't the hotel desk clerk, and I don't know who it was, perhaps a security guard in a control room somewhere in Dijon, but he was very unhappy that I had dared speak to him in English. He proceeded to berate me in perfect English that he spoke no English, and this is France, and we speak French in France, if you come to France you should be able to speak French which is why he speaks no English. Naturally I apologised profusely and said in highly broken French that I didn't speak French, it was 6am, I was tired and cold and could he please let us out. I didn't speak French because I was from Australia and there on holiday. He responded, "You are from Australia? I thought you were English!" at which point the gate opened and we were on our way. Not a nice end to our stay at all. If the desk clerk had explained the procedure at all, I am sure the whole thing would have been much more seamless.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ineedabreak82
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel in an awful area. Would not wander round there alone at night. For the price we paid, I was expecting the rooms to be slightly better than the bog standard ibis style. Woman on reception unhelpful and not friendly. Only good thing was the comfy bed.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cazzabelle83
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good value for money. About 20 min walk to centre. Beds very comfortable. Had problem with air conditioning but the reception staff managed to get it sorted when we ere out. parked outside but there is undercover parking for 6 euros. God breakfast. Could be slightly cleaner but no problem really. Would go back

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family