“Want a great bank for your Buck in Dijon, France? This one is it.”

Hotel Le Jacquemart
Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in Dijon
Tucson, Arizona
“Want a great bank for your Buck in Dijon, France? This one is it.”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

When travelling to Dijon, France, we found this inexpensive hotel in the heart of the town. Our room was large with attached bathroom..equally large; clean and comfortable. The English-speaking staff was friendly. The room rate did not include breakfast but a few extra euros you could get a hearty breakfast at the hotel. The hotel is centrally located with most of the sites close-by. There are good restaurants and cafes within walking distance. The shops are close-by too. The train station is about 20 minute-walk or 10 minutes by taxi. We liked this hotel because of its location and the comfort it offered at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Herne Bay, Kent
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed here for for one night on 28th August and arrived very late due to the holiday traffic in France. The owners could not have been more helpful, all they asked was that we kept them informed (very good English spoken by both of them contrary to earlier reviews) of our progress and there would be someone there to greet us. We arrived at nearly 11 pm and were shown to our room. If you come this this hotel with children ask for room 6! It has a double bed on the ground floor and then a separate sleeping area in what can only be described as an old cellar. See photos posted by earlier reviewers. In addition the location is fab - every thing is within walking distance. In short if you want a FRENCH hotel - stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cumbria
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I booked the Jacquemart for one night in August and recieved email confirmation from them of the booking. When I arrived at 10pm the man on the desk (who couldn't speak any English but was still clear in French) said they were full. I explained that we had booked and he said we hadn't. I showed him the booking - he said he was sorry and shrugged. When I asked what we were supposed to do he gave me a map with rough directions to another hotel. We never managed to find the other hotel and ended up staying in the Ibis for 3 times more than we would have paid in the Jacquemart. As a pregnant female traveller this was extremely disappointed to have to try and find another hotel at 10.30pm with no offer of calling other hotels to check availability. I emailed the hotel afterwards and they never replied.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank goldfish007
Trinidad
Reviewed July 4, 2010

While in France, my fiance and I went down to Dijon. We were only spending two nights and were looking for somewhere that was in a convenient, safe location, had a comfortable environment and clean rooms so we chose to stay at Hotel le Jacquemart.

From the train station the best thing is to take a taxi to the hotel. This cost about 6 euro.

Our first impression of the Hotel was that it was quaint and had an "old world" charm. That part of town had a very traditional apprerance with small, alley cobblestone roads.

When we arrived for check in the front desk clerk was nice but could hardly speak english. She managed a bit and we were told that our room was not ready, despite us notifying them that we would be arriving earlier than the official check in time. The hotel also did not seem full so we could not understand why the room was not ready. They offered to keep our luggage in a separate room for the next 2 hours, so we took the time to expolore the town a bit. It was really inconvenint though as the weather that day was extremely cold and windy. Having to wander through town was uncomfortable.

Our room was reasonable for what we expceted. It seemed clean, the TV and internet worked well. The bathroom was clean but the lighting was poor. There was also only one little mirror in the room.

The location is good. Dijon is a small town and easy to move about. There are many restaurants close by and its convenient for just taking a walk around the town and sightseeing. The main entrance to the hotel closes at midnight though so if you are coming in after that the front desk gives you a code for the door.

The staff on the whole tried to be accomodating. We had our laptop with us and did not bring a converter for the French power outlets. The front desk provided us with one free of charge for our entire stay. However, on one occasion we asked for the room to be cleaned later in the day and were told that it was impossible. We decided to forgo cleaning on that day. Communicating with the the staff was also difficult because they did not speak any English. I needed to make a telephone call from my room one evening and was unable to do so as I could not communicate my request to them.

We had breakfast one morning for 6 euro and it was disappointing. The crossaints were not fresh and you could probably buy a better breakfast from a bakery close by.

All in all for what we needed it was not a bad experience. The only major downfall was the lack of English speaking staff.

Dijon is a nice town and the highlight of our trip there was a Burgundy wine country tour with Authentica Tours.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I wasn't expecting much for Euro 50 p.n. but stayed here based on Tripadvisor ratings. Rooms were big and I didnt mind stairs (no elevator). Clean rooms on quiet street. Free wifi but I could only get a signal if I went into the hall. Great location near city hall and in walking distance of plenty of restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel and suggest booking early given the great value.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 24, 2010

After deciding to take a trip to Dijon at the last minute over a holiday weekend, I was thrilled to find a room available and at such a great price. Generally my husband and I stay at Starwood hotels or similar quality boutique hotels, but at this point, I was happy to have a room.

Now I must admit that the room was not up to my normal standarda, but I also am not a hotel snob and for one night, for the affordable price we paid, i was very happy with the stay. The location can't be beat -- just off of the main area so it's quiet, but very close to the cathedral, market, restaurants, etc. The only downfall, at least for us, we had a really hard time finding the place. Make sure you have great directions, especially if you're driving. there are parking lots around, and eventually we found the right one, which turned out to be just 2 blocks from the hotel. I can't remember the name but it started with a T so ask the hotel to confirm. Parking is cheap, maybe €5 overnight.

The room was sufficient, the sheets and towels were clean, but not high quality, and again, who would expect that for this price? The bathroom and shower were fine although the toilet was a bit loud after every flush. The room was small, but perfect for the 2 of us for one night when we really used the room to get some sleep. We didn't even turn on the TV but there was a flatscreen on the wall. The room had a great little balcony (very little, as in you could just barely stand on it), but it was still nice to be able to open the doors.

The staff was friendly enough and gave us a map for the area. Our room was on the second floor so we had to walk upstairs with our bags, but that wasn't a problem.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to people who are on a budget. It's a great value as everything was clean and the hotel is very well-located, but if you plan on spending a lot of time in the room and usually stay in 4-stars, this might not be the choice for you. Obviously you'll pay a lot more than this to stay in this area at one of those hotels though :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in March 2010. I was traveling with friends and we had two twin rooms. The rooms were spacious, clean, and the beds comfortable. For this price, this hotel was a total value. I've paid the same price for other rooms, but not had near as comfort as at the Jacquemart. The hotel had a computer in the lobby that you could use for internet. There was a note saying you had to pay, but the staff let us it for free. Everyone working at the front desk was helpful, polite, and efficient. However, I have to say that the best part was the hotel's breakfast-bread, croissants, hot drinks, orange juice, fruit. And compared to other hotels it wasn't that expensive.

The hotel is located on a quiet little street in the old part of the city. The only downside is that if you take the train, its about a 20 minute walk to the station. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends