“Quiet in evening”

Ranked #227 of 646 Restaurants in Dijon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Serving mainly fish & very good too. Popular with locals at lunchtime, but I was the only customer there when I went for dinner on a Friday. The service was not surprisingly impeccable. Good but short wine list, I really enjoyed the food here. A bit off the beaten track.

Reviewed July 31, 2016

I have been there with a friend in May for lunch. I had a huge salmon salad to start with then the special of the day (andouillette frite) the Chef/owner came to our table as well as other patrons and was the funniest upfront restaurant owner i have seen.. Very funny.. Definitly will go back.

Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

Be prepared for a very limited menu. We know some French, and it helps here. This place is not average, but nets out to 3 stars.
The wine list is limited and a bit confusing, with surprisingly few options from Burgundy here.
There is ONE fish/one beef and one mystery dish. Our mystery first course came out as a tepid calamari with potatoes in a pasty thick sauce. Two bites is Plenty.
The skate fish entree was very good. Mild fish but very flavorful, delicious, with ample capers --and some fish bones to navigate. My wife ordered the Beef Bouriguonne. It was flavorful and tender, but only comes very rare, so be prepared, it will moo.
The homemade mashed potatoes were rich and delicious, but the parsleyed small potatoes were bland.
Dessert was a home run --a chocolate cake with whipped cream and strawberry coulis - outstanding. The homemade mousse was deep chocolate with a few fresh strawberries and freshly picked mint to garnish.
What started out with two stars ends --on average--With three stars! But understand this is a composite score; Nothing on this menu is average.

Reviewed May 5, 2015

Slightly off the beaten tourist track this small husband and wife-run restaurant usefully specialises in fish in what is a very land-locked city. We had the 18€ lunch menu which offered marinated mackerel fillets (a kind of escabèche), then aïoli (poached fish with vegetables and a super saffron-infused garlic mayonnaise) and then frangipane tart with crème anglaise for dessert. To wash this down we had an excellent Muscadet. Total bill for two, just 61€. The à la carte menu is significantly more expensive but offers spanking-fresh fish and shellfish (an outstanding plateau de fruits de mer sampled on a previous occasion matched the best available in Paris). The patronne is timid I think rather than cold (often mentioned in other reviews) and managed a winning smile as we left; it probably helps if you can master some French as mentioned in the other "English" review.

Reviewed October 5, 2014

This was our least satisfactory meal in Dijon. There were three of us and we did not fancy the "menu". ( A few things were crossed off ) We should have left at this point, easy to say that with hindsight. We chose from the carte. The waitress was not very helpful and we ordered too much food, much of which we could not then eat. My main course fish was delicious but too large and the potatoes would have served at least six.
The bill was high ( I didn't ask how much, I just paid my share at the end of the week.)

The moral here is don't come here unless your French is good and don't forget that eating from the carte can be dangerous !