“Great Food, Great Wine, Great Service”

Chapeau Rouge Restaurant William Frachot
Ranked #4 of 623 Restaurants in Dijon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went to William Frachot after meeting friends at the Gare Dijon. What a pleasant experience. The food is outstanding, both in the culinary and artistic senses, the wine selection is terrific, and the service is impeccable. If we find ourselves in Dijon at mealtime, I'm sure Restaurant William Frachot, at the Chapeau Rouge will be the first place that comes to mind. Don't pass up an opportunity to enjoy this special place.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

While the food was very good, the service and atmosphere in the restaurant was lacking. For the price of this restaurant and the Michelin Stars it carries, I was very very disappointed. Servers were trying to 'pad' the bill, asking a young guest at the table if s/he wanted more wine - before dessert started - when all the wine had been poured - requiring a new bottle.... not appropriate. Wine should be evenly distributed to the guests at the table and nobody should be empty. Also, the wine was not chilled when served. Due to an early start the following AM, we had asked that dessert be brought (for 5) while our 6th enjoyed cheese, rather than wait for the cheese course to be finished... this did not happen, and added another 45 minutes to our evening. I suggest the chef move to a location where the customer can enjoy the artistry of the food that is prepared.

4  Thank Margaret P
Reviewed March 6, 2013

After reading previous reviews, I decided to dine there! It turned out to be the best decision, service was great, and friendly. I had the St Valentine's menu though was solo traveler! hehe...the plates were so beautiful, like piece of art, I felt so bad to eat them!! Please, do visit this restaurant in Dijon, it is wonderful and you will not regret! It's one of my best memories in Dijon!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Nothing bad to say! Every time we eat here we have an excellent evening and delicious, inventive food in a lovely atmosphere. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We decided to indulge in an extravagant evening at this restauraunt and were not disappointed in the slightest. Service was exceptional and conducted in a friendly and semi informal manner, which suited us fine. We decided to go for the degustation menu and thoroughly enjoyed every single one of the seven courses. Every dish was beautifully presented, works of art in their own right and the blend of flavours were sensational. The cheese trolley is stunning with a fantastic selection of local cheese and a whole shelf of goats cheese, I was in my element! Everything about the experience was perfect and we left very happy and contented. The restauraunt has successfully managed to create an all round memorable experience. Thank you.