We did not realise it when booking, but this was indeed our second visit to this hotel. The first was 4 or 5 years ago when it was the first stop on a "Great Rail Journeys" trip to Switzerland. Then, we arrived late, had a hurried meal and left early the next morning. Only gradually did it dawn on us that this was the same hotel which has been revamped and the surroundings improved with the recent addition of the tramway.
Carparking is secure, located in the basement of the hotel. The staff are friendly and efficient with a good command of English. We had a superior room on the 7th floor with huge bed, tea/coffee making facilities, separate bathroom and toilet and obligatory flat-screen TV.
We strolled into town, only 5-10 mins away which I managed even though my asthma had chosen to act up. The town is fascinating with historic buildings, cathedral and so on, with lots of activity in the early evening.
Evening meal taken outside in the hotel grounds. Reasonable choice and not too expensive.
Sadly, we did not take breakfast as we wanted an early getaway.
To sum up, the hotel gave us a much better impression than on the first visit and we would happily go back again to use it as a base to explore the area properly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is opposite the Auditorium and the Convention Ctr, in the city centre, close to the historic town centre. Restaurant, bar, 300 m² modular meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool in a garden with a terrace. Indoor private and closed car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Dijon Centre Clemenceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Dijon Centre Clemenceau Hotel Dijon
- Accor Dijon Centre Clemenceau