We stayed in Dijon on our way back from the South of France (a chance to break up the journey and explore Dijon). We arrived at about 4pm and were checked in immediately. The receptionist gave us our breakfast vouchers and asked if we wanted to book a table at the restaurant - the hotel was apparently fully booked and so we should book early to avoid disappointment. We decided not to as we wanted to eat in town. Also, the menu looked very expensive with not a lot of choice on there.
There was an underground gated car park which was good. There was direct access by lift from the car park to the hotel rooms.
The room was average sized but clean and comfortable. We had just spent five days camping and so we were just pleased to see a bed and shower. Speaking of which, the shower was a rainwater style one and was lovely! Our room overlooked the main road but being six floors up, we didn't hear any traffic.
We then decided to take a walk into town - it was about ten minutes walk which was fine.
On our return to the hotel, we found the restaurant was fairly empty, despite the hotel apparently being full so I'm not sure if there really would have been a need to book a table?
The bed was comfortable and I had a pleasant nights sleep. We checked out fairly early next morning. Breakfast was not included in our room price and the vouchers they gave us when we checked in were just something we were to hand over when we went down for breakfast - we would still have been required to pay 16 Euros each which I felt was a bit too pricey for breakfast.
There is an outdoor swimming pool but we did not get the opportunity to use it - looked nice enough though.
All in all a nice stay. We got a deal when we booked at £70 per night and I think the hotel was worth that - not sure I'd be willing to pay more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is opposite the Auditorium and the Convention Ctr, in the city centre, close to the historic town centre. Restaurant, bar, 300 m² modular meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool in a garden with a terrace. Indoor private and closed car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Dijon Centre Clemenceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Dijon Centre Clemenceau Hotel Dijon
- Accor Dijon Centre Clemenceau