“Elohim is a superb guide”
Review of Alter and Go - CLOSED

Alter and Go
More attraction details
Owner description: The only wine tours in Burgundy created by a wine-maker.Alter & Go, a different approach to wine tours in Burgundy. Elohim was the first to offer cultural tours including themes in Dijon, such as cheese, truffles, barrels tasting, the evening tours as well or the visit of Beaune, and last year barrels making or UNESCO tour.....Widely reported since, Alter & Go is nevertheless the only company in Burgundy created by a true professional of the wine which confers to its circuits soul and spirit unique.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Elohim is a superb guide”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My father and I had 2 absolutely superb days with Elohim in Burgundy. He was born and bred in Burgundy, worked as a winemaker for many years, knows absolutely everyone and all of the details about the plots, growers, growing techniques, and highlights of the area. He is great fun, highly professional, hard working, and generous. We have been on several tours with other (well known) companies and this rates as the best tour yet. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
AlterandGo, Propriétaire at Alter and Go, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Simon,

Thank you for your comment that makes me so happy to work everyday in wine tourism. I will remember your stay in Beaune all my life. First, because the second day we wore the same "Jacket" or not too far, good choice by the way!
Then because you are so a nice guy that I spent such a great time with you and your father, I will always remind you...
And it is alway a pleasure when it written that we provide the best tours
Take care of you and your family Simon.
The Director.
Elohim Balest

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“An excellent tour of the Burgundy wine region”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Alter & Go is a one man tour of much of the Burgundy wine region. Elohim has a few different tours that he offers, and we were fortunate enough to be able to join his Dijon-Beaune wine tour with only a day's notice.

The tour starts in Dijon, and Elohim drives you in his 7 passenger van through Burgundy to Beaune. The tour is about 5 and a half hours. He is extremely knowledgeable about the wine, the region, and does an amazing job of not only entertaining you, but also educating you. We're fairly knowledgeable about wine, especially California, but Pinot Noir and Chardonnay is about all I could tell you about Burgundy, so it was a pleasure to learn about the history and ways of the area. You do not need to know a great deal about wine, however, to thoroughly enjoy this tour, as Elohim is smart, funny, and makes the tour enjoyable no matter the amount of knowledge you may have.

The scenery on the tour is absolutely beautiful. The two separate wine tastings were very nice, as well. The last part of the tour is some free time in Beaune, which is quite a beautiful city, followed by a drive back to the starting point in Dijon via a more direct route than the wonderful meandering thru the vineyards and small villages on the way to Beaune.

Lastly, we did this tour as a day trip from Paris. The tour didn't start until 1:30 PM, so we took the train from Paris, which arrived in Dijon at about 10:30 AM, walked around Dijon, and had lunch before the tour started. Upon our return to Dijon, we grabbed a quick bite, and took a 8:00 PM train back to Paris. It is a long day, but certainly well worth it if your are looking to get out of Paris for a day. If you are already going to be in Dijon, then all the better, it's a tour not to miss, and the price per person was very reasonable considering the quality and length of the tour, wine included....

Visited July 2013
3 Thank rahansen11
Canberra
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Mathews M”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

If you are planning a visit to Dijon and wish to learn about the wines of Burgundy, look no further than to Elohim Balest. There is nothing better than having a winemaker as your tour guide to learn about the region. Not only will he explain to you how to differentiate one grower from another amongst the hundreds of rows in the vineyards, the significance of the clos and terroir, but he will also show you interesting historical sites on route and provide a wine and cheese tasting experience to remember. Here's a man doing a great deal for tourism in Dijon and who should be recognised for his efforts. We wholeheartedly recommend Alter & Go tours.

Visited August 2013
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Burgundy Wine Country Tour”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

For an informative tour with a personal touch you can't beat Alter & Go. My wife and I did our tour at the end of June and, since we weren't quite at the high season, we ended up with it being just ourselves and the guide, Elohim. He's a blast! He has expert, first-hand knowledge of wine making and the region itself, having been born and raised there, and he's quite entertaining, with a good sense of humor. Highly recommend him and his tour company.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank RoyGowler
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best wine tour in France”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

For the best day ever in the wine region of Burgundy, I cannot recommend Alter and Go highly enough. My tour guide was Elohim and his knowlege and passion for the area was genuine. It was such a spectacular, fun, interesting day and Elohim could not do enough for you. I spent a week in Dijon and tried every wine tour company as I was keen to learn about french wines and see something of the countryside. I was dissappointed with the other companies, as I felt their knowlege and enthusiasm was lacking and the places they went to were not as interesting. The best tour was the full day trip to Chablis "The Day of Your Life". A long day but the scenery is worth it and the lunch is so good! Best food and wine! And Elohim keeps the day interesting. I ended up booking another tour with Alter and Go, simply because I knew it would be a another great day out! I was not dissapointed. Thanks for sharing your beautiful part of the world and passing on your wealth of knowlege. I have come away with a great understanding of what I would describe as "organic" Burgundy wines.
If you plan to go to Dijon you need to do a tour with Alter and Go to truley experience the burgundy area and have the day of your life!! Thanks Elohim!!

Visited July 2013