“Fantastic Burgundy Wine Country Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alter and Go - CLOSED

Alter and Go
More attraction details
Owner description: The only wine tours in Burgundy created by a wine-maker.Alter & Go, a different approach to wine tours in Burgundy. Elohim was the first to offer cultural tours including themes in Dijon, such as cheese, truffles, barrels tasting, the evening tours as well or the visit of Beaune, and last year barrels making or UNESCO tour.....Widely reported since, Alter & Go is nevertheless the only company in Burgundy created by a true professional of the wine which confers to its circuits soul and spirit unique.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Burgundy Wine Country Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

For an informative tour with a personal touch you can't beat Alter & Go. My wife and I did our tour at the end of June and, since we weren't quite at the high season, we ended up with it being just ourselves and the guide, Elohim. He's a blast! He has expert, first-hand knowledge of wine making and the region itself, having been born and raised there, and he's quite entertaining, with a good sense of humor. Highly recommend him and his tour company.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank RoyGowler

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best wine tour in France”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

For the best day ever in the wine region of Burgundy, I cannot recommend Alter and Go highly enough. My tour guide was Elohim and his knowlege and passion for the area was genuine. It was such a spectacular, fun, interesting day and Elohim could not do enough for you. I spent a week in Dijon and tried every wine tour company as I was keen to learn about french wines and see something of the countryside. I was dissappointed with the other companies, as I felt their knowlege and enthusiasm was lacking and the places they went to were not as interesting. The best tour was the full day trip to Chablis "The Day of Your Life". A long day but the scenery is worth it and the lunch is so good! Best food and wine! And Elohim keeps the day interesting. I ended up booking another tour with Alter and Go, simply because I knew it would be a another great day out! I was not dissapointed. Thanks for sharing your beautiful part of the world and passing on your wealth of knowlege. I have come away with a great understanding of what I would describe as "organic" Burgundy wines.
If you plan to go to Dijon you need to do a tour with Alter and Go to truley experience the burgundy area and have the day of your life!! Thanks Elohim!!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wine and Cheese tour - Greatest ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is by far one of the greatest tours i have been on in my many years of travelling. From the very beginning, nothing was a hassle for Elohim and every question or inquisitive look we had for him he was able to explain. Throughout the day he went above and beyond for us! we were a group of seven 25-30 yr olds and it was an 11/10 type of day! If you get to Dijon, this is a must for the itinerary and you have to ask him if he can take you to Claire's winery, her wines are phenomenal! Elohim, thank you for a fantastic day, we have told many, many people about you in our next stops around France!!

Do not go on any other, Elohim's is the only one that is run by a true local and someone who is actually and educated and experienced wine maker! As an avid user of reviews on here, this is a must, and I mean a MUST!! Also ask Elohim to tell you a great restaurant in Dijon, who knows, if you were as good a group as ours he may come out for some dinner and PLENTY more drinks. This man is a genuine legend and made our trip to Dijon unforgettable!!!
Cheers Elohim, from your Aussie friends!

1 Thank AKing86
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“"Landscapes" Tour by Alter&Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

A great half day tour through key wine producing areas of Burgundy. The tour was very enjoyable and was well organised by the tour hosts. It also included some truffle hunting with a trained dog. We had a great time and would recommend it.

Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“It was 'The Day of Your Life' tour AND IT WAS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

On Monday, 20 August 2012 my husband Phil & I spent an entire day with Patrick on a sojourn through Burgundy that involved vines, terra, vineyards, wine, truffles - history, tasting, sampling, knowledge & so much more! We had the most marvelous day & evening with Patrick who imparted so much knowledge and made our day, truly one of the most memorable in our lives. It started in Dijon where we were 'found' by Patrick and commenced our tour. We were the only 'tourists' that day and some 12 hours later when we finished our 'day' we were absolutely exhausted but had had a day to remember. We knew absolutely nothing about French wine, 'rank amateurs' in fact, but by the end of the day under Patrick's gentle tutelage we knew a whole lot more about the French appelation, classifications, vineyards, regions etc. We also, had a wonderful truffle tasting experience, superb lunch at Cafe du Centre in Nuit St Georges & palate pleasing wine tastings at Phillipe Leclerc's in Gevrey Chambertin & at the Naudin's at Domaine H. Naudin Ferrand amongst others. We sought out Alter & Go on the recommendation of friends and have to say 'they were right'.! Had the most amazing day & would recommend their tour with Patrick (if he is still with them) to anyone.

Visited August 2012