Alter and Go
More attraction details
Owner description: The only wine tours in Burgundy created by a wine-maker.Alter & Go, a different approach to wine tours in Burgundy. Elohim was the first to offer cultural tours including themes in Dijon, such as cheese, truffles, barrels tasting, the evening tours as well or the visit of Beaune, and last year barrels making or UNESCO tour.....Widely reported since, Alter & Go is nevertheless the only company in Burgundy created by a true professional of the wine which confers to its circuits soul and spirit unique.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked this tour on a recommendation and through the Dijon tourist office. It was well worth the money. Very informative, interesting and fun. Elohim was very knowledgable and I learned quite a bit about the wine making process. He also had a great sense of humour which added to the whole experience. Highly recommend the wine and cheese tour as it is a great way to spend a day indulging in wine tasting and knowledge. I just wish I could have stayed in burgundy longer to go truffle hunting!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked the wine tasting and cheese factory tour and it did not disappoint! We were a group of 3 early 30's looking for an authentic, non-touristy, wine tour. I am hesitant to book tours as I usually travel "off the beaten track". However, Elohim's tour was recommended to us by a local family we stayed with in a neighbouring village.

What a fabulous day! Elohim's knowledge, passion, and vibrant personality was what made this tour so great. As a local entrepreneur who has been involved in the wine industry since childhood, Elohim taught us everything we wanted to know, from growing grapes to reading wine labels. His tours are prefect for everyone - your everyday wine drinkers to serious wine enthusiasts. I HIGHLY recommend adding one of his tours to your holiday!

1  Thank Allison_of_the_North
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We took the Landscapes Tour which we found very enjoyable and informative. We visited wineries and on the ground in vineyards with explanations of pruning and cultivation techniques. The visit to the truffle outlet was also interesting. Elohim Balest was a very good guide. We can recommend him and his company.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My sister and I decided to go on the "Beaunny Times" Tour, and we enjoyed it very much. Elohim shared his extensive wine making knowledge thoroughly throughout the entire tour. The experience was fun and informative. You will learn a lot from this tour in a short period of time! I highly recommend Alter and Go for your next visit to Dijon! I assure you, you won't regret, it's the best!

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend the Wine and Cheese tour! I have done wine tours in Australia and New Zealand but this was definitely the best I have been on. Elohim is very knowledgable and provides an interesting and fun experience. The scenery is stunning and of course the wines and cheeses were both delicious.