“Fantastic Day of wine appreciation”
Review of Alter and Go - CLOSED

Alter and Go
More attraction details
Owner description: The only wine tours in Burgundy created by a wine-maker.Alter & Go, a different approach to wine tours in Burgundy. Elohim was the first to offer cultural tours including themes in Dijon, such as cheese, truffles, barrels tasting, the evening tours as well or the visit of Beaune, and last year barrels making or UNESCO tour.....Widely reported since, Alter & Go is nevertheless the only company in Burgundy created by a true professional of the wine which confers to its circuits soul and spirit unique.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ïf you are in the Burgundy area and looking for a wine tour, look no further than Alter & Go with Elohim a former winemaker. Elohim makes the tour not only fun, but you get to taste and appreciate the wine and learn more regarding the region.. Elohim's passion cannot help but inspire you, from the moment you meeet Elohim - and he has a sense of humour which we Aussies enjoy, you are shown the countryside, taste the cheeses, visit wonderful wineries of the region plus a fantastic lunch at Nuit St George and free time in Beaune...Exhausted, slightly tipsy but will take from the day the knowledge of Burgundy from this great company Alter & Go..

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Elohim apparently does not do all the tour by himself and we were let down a fair bit because the previous good reviews on him obviously cannot apply during my tour with Alter & Go. Our guide wasn't engaging enough and it does not help certainly when everything is explained in the car and we were seated at the back. It will be good if a walking tour can be arranged around vineyards rather than being driven around in the car for which I actually dozed off for a good 20 mins.

6  Thank hauq
AlterandGo, Propriétaire at Alter and Go, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

All my apologizes about your disappointment. And I do not understand really why you did not spend any time in the vineyards. Representing the only company in Dijon being allowed to take paths in the vineyards it surprises me. It is the highlight of our tours!
But working every day or not too far I will try to reinforce time passed in the countryside. Thank you for you comment which will help us a lot to correct our "weakness".
The Director
ELOHIM BALEST

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and 16 yr old son went on this 4 hour trip and it was great. We were with another Australian couple and Patrick, our guide, was cheerful, informative and easy company. We saw great country side, tasted local cheeses and saw the top vineyards and sampled red wines. It was a great tour and we recommend it.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

What an amazing 1/2 day tour we experienced. Elohim was a sensational guide whose personality and sense of humor related well to us as Aussies. His knowledge and understanding of the area and wines is first class and to personally experience and gain that understanding of the Burgundy wines and region couldn't have been gained elsewhere. The truffle experience was something not to be missed. We will certainly be recommending this tour operation to family and friends visiting this region. Thanks a million Elohim.

2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was recently in Burgundy for my friend's wedding and Elohim was our incredible guide for a Friday wine and cheese tasting. Elohim and his lovely assistant did a fantastic job touring us around Burgundy and providing us with terrific wines and cheeses to sample. His knowledge of the wine and the area are impeccable - I couldn't recommend him highly enough. He can talk about Burgundian wines for days, and for someone like me who focuses mostly on California reds and Bordeauxs, I learned a great deal.