“Excellent hotel, service and location”

Quality Hotel du Nord Dijon Centre
Ranked #29 of 59 Hotels in Dijon
Southern California
“Excellent hotel, service and location”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed here two nights before catching our train at the near-by station back to Paris to fly home. This was our first visit to Dijon.

First of all, the staff members were terrific. they were all very helpful, very pleasant and no question or request was too much of a problem. They were great.

The room we had was a great size overlooking Place Darcy. it was very clean and comfortable and, despite concerns about possible street noise, the double windows took care of that. The AC also helped during the heat wave hitting all of France at that time.

Dijon itself was wonderful...we really enjoyed many parts of this historic old town. We found some great places for drinks and dinner...in particular Le Bistrot des Halles, near the central Les Halles market. It has to be my favorite...great waiters, great food, lots of locals, etc. The sites around town were terrific...and we found several parks and gardens to spend some quiet time in the center of town. It was great just walking around some of the side streets in the old town and seeing some terrific sites. It was a very pleasant couple of days.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Fortunately, we only stayed in this hotel for one night. It is not a 3 star hotel. It felt like if we had booked in a Formule 1 (vip prison cell)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Europe
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I stayed in Quality Hotel du Nord on two seperate occasions and found staff to be very welcoming. My first time booking directly through the hotel was a pleasant experience, with a beautiful room overlooking Place Darcy. The second time I visited the hotel, I booked through booking.com and the room was much smaller this time, very confined with limited amount of space. Overall, I was very happy with my stays in the hotel and would give it 8/10.

Positive points
- Excellent location, 5 mins from town centre and weekend market
- Restaurant is top class with delicious food
- Staff are very welcoming
- First time I stayed, the hotel room was beautiful with a wonderful view of Place Darcy

Negative points
- Restaurant is expensive
- There was a leak in the roof in the restaurant the second time I stayed in the hotel
- My second stay left me with a very small, confined room

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2009

The Hotel du Nord is very comfortable with an extremely convenient location. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I was upgraded to a sizable suite, although the standard rooms are the usual size for an old hotel in France. The condition of the hotel is excellent, but it still presents the charm of its historic location. There is a good restaurant and a wine "cave," which provides a nice wine tasting menu. A light breakfast is also available in the cave. I would definitely stay there again on my next visit to Dijon.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I have worked in 4 star hotels for all of my professional life (10 years) and as a result I am very selective when it comes to hotels. In addition to that, I have a slight undiagnosed case of OCD. I happened upon this hotel when I had to stay in Dijon at the last minute. I looked at three hotels - this was the last of the three and as soon as I walked into the lobby I had a good feelings. The lady at the front desk was extremely professional, warm, and pleasant and made me feel very comfortable speaking English. I asked to see the room and it was SPOTLESS! This hotel is in the heart of Dijon city centre - GREAT location. There is an attached restaurant that seems to be fine dining...but I'm sure it isn't. I didn't have a chance to eat there but it seemed to have a good crowd in the evenings. I was extremely impressed and pleasantly surprised. UNBELIEVABLE VALUE!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Kent, Washington
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Located about two blocks from the train station and within easy walking distance of all the sights. Our room was very tiny, but well laid out with everything you would want including a minibar for refrigeration of leftovers of train lunch. There is a fine restaurant on the bottom floor.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Room was small
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank boomertraveler54