“Disappointed wine enthusiasts” 3 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$142.88*
and up
Small-Group Full-Day Tour of Côte de Nuits, Côte de Beaune Vineyards and Beaune...
Ranked #1 of 15 Food & Drink in Dijon
More attraction details
Owner description: ENJOY THE AUTHENTIC BURGUNDY Authentica is a boutique Burgundy wine tours organizer located in Dijon and Beaune. Join local experts to share a day trip from Paris (1 h 1/2 by TGV train) or a longer break, our tours are rated #1 on Tripadvisor. Our tours are for anyone who enjoys the French “Art de Vivre” and wine, both connoisseurs and beginners. Explore unique heritage, picturesque scenery, great cuisine and renowned vineyards with your friendly host : winemaker, sommelier or experienced professional. Daily tours and wine tasting tours are limited to 8 people. Or, to discover Burgundy in the most exclusive way, why not experience a private program? Customized transport/transfers or car with private driver on demand. Treat yourself to the best. Nicolas & Emmanuel - Creators of Authentica
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Disappointed wine enthusiasts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My partner and I took the full day "Passion" Tour with Authentica just a few days ago. Gabriel (our tour guide) was excellent - he gets 5 stars out of 5. However, the itinerary and the set-up were merely average - hence the 3 star rating here. The itinerary was thin on the wine visits. As for the set-up, we were in a van ( a very nice van) but from the back seat, one could only hear about half of what was being said from the front. So, when Gabriel was educating us about the wine and the region, I could not hear him; a microphone would have been helpful.

We had come to Burgundy specifically because of the wine and the food in this region, and this tour with Authentica was to explore the wines of the Cote de Nuit and the Cote de Beaune. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but this tour did to meet my goals for exploration. We only visited two wineries the entire day. Two hours of the tour were squandered in Beaune. Now, don't get me wrong: Beaune is worth a visit, but we could have taken the train there for a visit from Dijon (our home base for the region) Two hours is, in fact, not enough to see Beaune.

We were on our own for lunch in Beaune - so not included in the 130Euro per person price for this day-long tour.

My advice: go to Beaune and spend the day there. If you are going to Burgundy to take in the luscious Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays, then hire someone to take you to a good sampling of wineries in the region. Authentica, as I learned later, will do this for you, as will other guides in the area. Knowing what I know now, I would hire Gabriel for the day, and request to see the off-the-beaten path wineries.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Lori C

• Korean first
Lyon, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent wine tour - excellent guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our afternoon tour of the Burgundy wine region around Dijon/Beaune with our excellent guide, Steven. It was an informative tour in a beautiful area and we highly recommend it.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Daniel11119
Authentica_Team, Equipe Authentica at Authentica Tours, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Bonjour Monica, bonjour Daniel,
Thanks for your kind comment. Hope you had a great time in Lyon too.
Burgundy is a beautiful place, that’s why you must come back again sometime! It may be a long way from the States but we are always here if you would like to continue exploring the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune with us.
Best wishes,

Stevie – Burgundy wine consultant for Authentica
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wine tour worth of recommendation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

+ small group
+ attractive price
+ tour guide (Gabriel) spoke very good english and had outstanding knowledge about wine & region
+ wines, which we tested were very good & interesting

Would definitely recommend!

1 Thank Pawel N
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“How to become a wine expert in one day?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We booked the Burgundy wine tour, after my friend's recommendation and when I compared other offers of companies doing such a tour in this region. I must say- it was worth it and I can recommend it to anyone - single or couple, young or old...
The group was small size and our tour guide (Gabriel), speaking very good English, gave us a great lecture about the wine and area. Thanks to his tips, we spent a wonderful 2 hours break in Beaune and had a list with plenty of worth visiting places in Dijon.
The wines we tasted were very good and also unique, also the vineyards we visited were interesting. The wine selection gave us a good understanding of the differences and also provided with some advise on how to select the best one.
On one participant's request, we finished our tour by drinking a wonderful wine in the middle of vineyard- what an awesome experience was it!

1 Thank Joszyn
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Tour and excellent Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We recently did two full day tours of the Burgundy wine region with Authentica, (the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune areas). We were a group of six, all friends so it was a perfect one-on-one experience with our exceptional tour guide, Ivan!! His knowledge of wine and the region was excellent!! This was an extremely informative 2 day tour - experiencing great wines, beautiful vistas with a top-notch guide! Authentica was great to work with from moment of contact and scheduling through tour day, they exceeded all of our expectations!! Highly recommend them and would definitely use them again!

Salut Doree,
It was a pleasure to spend the two days in the company of six lovely ladies so passionate about Burgundy’s wines and gastronomy. As you know, both passions I share. We tasted a comprehensive selection of Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays and some fantastic Premiers Crus and Grands Crus. I’m sure the bottles you took home will be a great accompaniment to some of the Burgundy dishes you will now be making during your cooking recitals. I would love to join you one day!
Hope you had a great time during your cooking class with Alex too.
Thank you for your kind words. Sending my regards to you all in Atlanta.

Ivan – winemaker for Authentica