“Probably the best poulet dish that I've ever eaten!!”
Review of Le Bressan

Le Bressan
Ranked #14 of 153 Restaurants in Bourg-en-Bresse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2017

We were here on October half term, a nice crisp afternoon.
The outside is full of character, looks like a building from medieval times.
The inside is full of farming decor and it's got a lovely rural atmosphere.
We were a party of 4 for lunch and I had the bressan chicken..Wow, it was the most delicious dish Ive ever tasted! I could tell there was flour and mustard (I asked for the one without mushrooms) I couldn't tell the other sauce ingredients because I was busy enjoying the flavour.. the chicken was succulent, very well cooked.. our chicken was accompanied with, (I think it was called) bressan potatoes.. yum yum!

We chose to have red wine (none of us really like white wine) and it was just gorgeous..
The young man tending to us was very friendly and professional..
I had café crème to finish and once again it was delightful.. we were the only slightly foreign table (I was the only brit) but it did not matter in the slightest. . They even offered me an English translated menu but I have a good understanding of French so it was not necessary.
I recommend this restaurant, the food and the atmosphere were amazing.
The toilet I used was towards the back of the restaurant and it was a shared one, but this is not unsusual in Europe so I'm not fussed, however, you do have to climb about 6 steps which less able people may need help for.

1  Thank Trip G

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Just amazing place for dining with locals. The restaurant's signature dish is Bresse style chicken. The atmosphere is very authentic and relaxing, the staff is very polite and caring. The restaurant is mostly visited by the locals and the dishes taste like at home bringing you back to your childhood. Highly recommended place in Bourg en Bresse! The prices are very appealing, especially on contrast with the ones at the hotel restaurants, which are simply shocking to say mildly.

Reviewed January 13, 2017

We have been here for 3 times and the poulet bresse avec morilles is constantly amazing. The only thing is the service, its a little impersonal and cold.

Reviewed December 20, 2016

My wife and I ate in Lyon and Bourg-en-Bresse over the weekend and Le Bressan had the best tasting chicken of all restaurants we ate at while visiting. This is against some tough competition.

1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed June 10, 2016

We stopped for lunch at this small restaurant and we really had very high expectations.

The restaurant is a bit dark and the tables are small. The food is OK, in good-sized portions, but the taste and the quality, especially of the Bresse Poulet, did not impress us too much.

Service is a bit too sharp and unfriendly, too.