“Great Way to See the Region”

Bourgogne Randonnees Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Bicycle rentals, including delivery and pickup, are just the beginning from this company that provides personalized self-guided tours of Burgundy, Dordogne, the Loire Valley, and Provence.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Cycling through Burgundy is a great way to see the region and Bourgogne Randonnees really made our experience memorable. Cedric helped tailor a route that fit our skillset and maximized sightseeing along the way. Definitely worth the time to visit Cedric to see what he can do for you.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had booked bikes for 2 days while we were in Beaune. The team responded very quickly and confirmed that they would be ready for us.

When we went to pick them up we were given great advice by Cedric on how to find the Voie de Vigne (the almost dedicated cycling route through the wine country) as well as where to stop along the way.

The most important advice was to go all the way to Santenay and then 5 km along the Voie Verte along the canal to Chagny and take the train back to Beaune (2 stops, 10 min, €7.50 and bikes travels for free).

I would go back to Cedric and team if we're back in Beaune as the bikes are great and in really good condition.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great no-nonsense service and great bikes with plenty of gears and storage. Recommend cycling south from Beaune towards Montrachet and Santenay for a dedicated velo-route and picturesque views.

1  Thank Zhirayr
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We needed five bikes for people from 9 to 45 years old. Each bike was ready and a perfect fit. Also the kids helmets are included in the rental price. Great map, easy directions to reach the bike trail. We biked out and back a total of 22 KM. Plenty of nice spots for a picnic you can wine taste (or go to church) as you bike. Highly recommended. It was a highlight for me in Burgundy. I also strongly recommend stopping at the Bouley Vineyard. Rayane was a super host and educated the entire family about wines.

1  Thank Birtch
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband & I hired bikes for the day from Bourgogne Randonnees and it was fantastic to receive really helpful service, which has prompted me to write this recommendation. There were plenty of bikes to choose from for our (unaccompanied) ride through the vineyards. The staff gave plenty of advice, maps, etc and you don't have to leave your credit card as security - they jot down the numbers and you pay when you get back. I had thought we might make it to Santenay, 22km away, but the day was very hot, the route a lot bumpier than I was expecting (why did I think it would be like Centerparcs? don't know, but it wasn't!) so we just went as far as Meursault, which is a picture-perfect town about 8.5km from Beaune. So, if you are reasonably fit and want to burn off a few calories, this is a good way to spend some time and I would throughly recommend BR.

2  Thank CarolineD