“perfect”

Bourgogne Randonnees Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Bicycle rentals, including delivery and pickup, are just the beginning from this company that provides personalized self-guided tours of Burgundy, Dordogne, the Loire Valley, and Provence.
London, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“perfect”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great no-nonsense service and great bikes with plenty of gears and storage. Recommend cycling south from Beaune towards Montrachet and Santenay for a dedicated velo-route and picturesque views.

1 Thank Zhirayr

Montreal, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“From 9 to 45”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We needed five bikes for people from 9 to 45 years old. Each bike was ready and a perfect fit. Also the kids helmets are included in the rental price. Great map, easy directions to reach the bike trail. We biked out and back a total of 22 KM. Plenty of nice spots for a picnic you can wine taste (or go to church) as you bike. Highly recommended. It was a highlight for me in Burgundy. I also strongly recommend stopping at the Bouley Vineyard. Rayane was a super host and educated the entire family about wines.

1 Thank Birtch
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great service bike hire”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband & I hired bikes for the day from Bourgogne Randonnees and it was fantastic to receive really helpful service, which has prompted me to write this recommendation. There were plenty of bikes to choose from for our (unaccompanied) ride through the vineyards. The staff gave plenty of advice, maps, etc and you don't have to leave your credit card as security - they jot down the numbers and you pay when you get back. I had thought we might make it to Santenay, 22km away, but the day was very hot, the route a lot bumpier than I was expecting (why did I think it would be like Centerparcs? don't know, but it wasn't!) so we just went as far as Meursault, which is a picture-perfect town about 8.5km from Beaune. So, if you are reasonably fit and want to burn off a few calories, this is a good way to spend some time and I would throughly recommend BR.

2 Thank CarolineD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bike hire with a personal touch. Perfect day out despite the English weather!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This great little business was recommended to me by the office de tourism and my hotel. I'm unsure what the other prices in town are but we paid €36 for a day's hire of 2 bikes. Which seems reasonable.
The bikes are not shoddy hire bikes but sturdy hard frames with quality brakes. Not vey forgiving on the cobbles but perfect for lob rides down the veloroute.
The owner was simply fantastic. We somehow, managed to break the lock at the hotel and had to get some bolt croppers to get the bikes out. Florien (the owner) couldn't have been more understanding of our situation and asked us only to come via the shop on our cycle so he could give us another one!
His English is very good and he made us some suggestions for various days cycling to suite our interests. We had a fantastic day out on his recommendation, what more could you ask for?!

1 Thank Stokeded
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bike Rentals in Beaune”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice guys with good English and good bikes. Helpful with maps. Enough bikes to have one that fitted me well, tires were full of air, tools and handlebar bag was provided, and by the way, weather was perfect altho not under their control. I didn't shop around but rates seemed reasonable at 18 euros, plus 1 euro for a helmet. If it was me, I'd charge 19 euros and give everyone a helmet or let them decline.

Like a lot of businesses in the area, closed for siesta noon to 1:30 so plan around that. Opens 9am.

And, the riding in the vineyards is spectacular so just do it!

Visited July 2013