“Perfect way to experience the vineyards”

Bourgogne Randonnees Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Bicycle rentals, including delivery and pickup, are just the beginning from this company that provides personalized self-guided tours of Burgundy, Dordogne, the Loire Valley, and Provence.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you want to experience the vineyards of this region this is the way to go! Rent a bike for the day (only 36 Euros for 2 people) and bike from Beaune to Santanay. The ride is 22K one way, so 44K total, but it is a pretty easy ride (and I am not a biker). The staff at the rental shop are very very helpful and speak perfect English. Before setting of on our ride, one of the employees gave us a map with the trail and stops and he must have spent at least 15 minutes telling us the best places to stop along the way and recommending restaurants and wineries. He also gave us general tips and made sure we didn't have any concerns. Overall just very genuine. The ride itself was a lot of fun and it is along a paved trail that doesn't allow vehicles (except for the vineyard workers). The trail is very well marked and pretty easy to follow, even through the towns. A great way to spend the day seeing the countryside and tasting some delicious wine!!
As a side note - we thought the wine in Mersault was the best but there are about 4 other towns to stop as well and all are abundant with wineries. If you are riding around lunchtime be prepared that most of them will be closed for lunch. We came across a few that were closed but just continued on.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had a great experience with these guys - they were so nice, helpful and committed to me having the experience that I wanted. I came to them with no plan and in 10 minutes I had a map with three destinations and a list of must-taste wines when I got there. Keep in mind that while you're riding, you may not see anyone at all on the roads, so be prepared :) Once I got back, they spent time recommending what I should do in the city - where to eat, what to see. They were wonderful...highly recommend!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I didn't actually hire a bike or go on a tour, however I did break a chain on my bike and came here for help. although the guy in the end did not have a chain tool, he could not have been more helpful, do five stars from me. he did direct me on to another option, "beaune cycles", who fixed my chain I swear in under two minutes. "BR day trips" top marks for professionalism and willingness to help a random stranger

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Very helpful spoke perfect English supplied us with new bikes and recommended trip around vineyards which was a perfect day for us as we are not regular cyclists.

1  Thank Ben2008_10
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Excellent friendly service and a great bike- the Gitane hybrid is a lightweight CX style frame and perfect for the mix of on-road and dirt tracks through the vineyards. Cedric was happy for me to adjust the fit and use my own pedals and cleats. Helpful with maps and fluent English spoken. These guys know their stuff.