Stayed at this hotel as Le Cep in Beaune was full but no real regrets. The main reason we chose it was the parking which is undergorund and with good access for cars that are low at the front like ours. Generally my first impression was good - the hotel entrance is nicer than the website photos make out and on a glorious summer evening we arrived to see a beautiful outside dining area, romantically lit and well tended grounds. The reception area is nicely decorated in warm colours and soft lighting. Staff were super helpful throughout and charming.
The room was ok - supposedly one of the better ones (Prestige category I think) but it wasn't quite as luxurious as the price led (after the decor from downstairs). It did have a bath and seperate shower as we had requested but the shower was small and the water pressure in it terrible. (Luckily the water pressure in the bath with its shower attachment was good). The biggest let down was the air-con was totally useless and this was a real pain as outside temperature was 32. I remember thinking to myself that this would make a great cosy winter hotel but I'll never stay again in the summer!! Never-the-less the room was clean, the wi-fi free and the bed very comfortable. My point being, the room was certainly good but the price too rich for a/c to not be good and shower not modern.
We didn't eat at their restaurant as it was fully booked but I have to say that the menu looked very good. Quite a formal menu and quite formal dining. Breakfast was very good - in a buffet style but with a good selection of meat, cheese, delicious pain au chocolats. We ate breakfast on the garden terrace - nice quality parasols and wooden furniture and very pleasant service with a smile.
One thing I wasn't sure of when booking was the location of this hotel as it's on the little ring round around Beaune. Rest assured that you can in fact very easily walk into town - I'm lazy and it was an easy five minute walk! Also, don't let the ring road thing put you off as it nearly did me - the road is in fact pretty small and set very close to the old town - we walked to dinner and the road opposite the hotel is a little pretty lane that leads directly to all the restaurants etc.
Would I stay again? Definitely in the autumn or winter when no air con is required (!) and definitly if they made prices just a little more attractive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Beaune, opposite the ramparts and 5 minutes walking distance from the Hospices de Beaune, Hostellerie Le Cedre is the ideal place to discover the area.Beautiful, shaded terraces in the heart of gardens full of 100-year old trees where you can enjoy the summer season and a comfortable lounge bar with a fireplace to warm yourself when winter has arrived.Le Cedre offers you 40 rooms perfect for dreaming and relaxing. Each one is different with its own personality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hostellerie Le Cedre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Le Cedre Beaune
- Hostellerie Le Cedre Hotel Beaune