“Overnight stay”

Ibis Styles Beaune Centre
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Beaune
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Once again, we used the Ibis Styles in Beaune. We have found it an excellent stop off point on the way to Strasbourg.

Breakfast is always good at the Styles, and plentiful.

My only MOAN, is MUSIC...... Oh please, I do not need music day and night, could we have it turned down to very low if you REALLY need to have it on. We did ask for it to be turned down, but the receptionist said she didn't know how. SO, please teach your staff to turn down music if there is no one else around.

We will use this hotel again though, it is ideal for popping into Beaune for a look around. There is also a wonderful book shop that sells ENGLISH BOOKS... Double plus for staying at the Styles...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We spent one night here - very handy for the centre of Beaune.
Clean, fresh and bright, completely in keeping with the Ibis Styles ethos. If you know Ibis - we use them frequently - you know what to expect. Pretty much the standard room with the usual stuff. Breakfast was very good, parking on-site, clean rooms, fairly comfortable bed.
We'd not hesitate to use this hotel again. One of the staff on reception is British and although he has a wry sense of humour, he's v. helpful.

Room Tip: The lift motor is just a little noisy, so I'd recommend a room as far away from that as possible...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2014

A modern hotel just a couple of minutes walk from the historic center with private parking (extra cost). We chose it because of location & a special 40% discount, but I would not have been happy if I paid the full price. We saw some definitely more quaint places in the historic center at the same rate as Ibis's full fare. If you want a modern well equipped hotel with private parking, it is definitely acceptable. If you are looking for something with more charm, look elsewhere. The bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately the acoustic insulation is poor, so there is a lot of vehicle noise from the street. Excellent buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Request an inside room, versus a room on the street side
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Clean, quiet, handy, good beds and free awesome breakfast and no smell of smoke. What more do you want?
I came by train and I can tell you right now, Beaune is bigger than it looks on the map. I just happened on the Ibis Styles on my way to the Tourist Office and I said, What the heck. I had really been thinking of someplace quaint and charming, but location won out and I was glad it did. You can't beat it. It's handy to the train station, it's across the street from the tourist office which is jam packed with helpful info and really nice staff, there's a supermarket a 5 minute walk away as well as lots of intriguing looking restaurants (walking away from the town center not towards) and it has a parking lot on site. Second, the Ibis Styles has all the amenities you want in a hotel. It's clean. It has an elevator. It's quiet (I had a room on the courtyard and it was winter so nobody around). The climate control thing actually worked. The bed was extremely comfy. Most of the travelers seem to be business people so they were quiet and kept to themselves. There is a bar on premises (always a plus!). And, there was free wifi AND a computer downstairs you could use and it actually worked. The piece de resistance though, was breakfast. I'm not even a breakfast eater usually but the breakfast was great and included fresh squeezed orange juice! And no smell of smoke. I'm a sensitive sleeper but the rooms seemed very well-insulated. I experienced zero noise issues. I would definitely stay here again. I'll get my charm and antiquity from the sights but I want to sleep in 21st century comfort. Oh ps bring a swimming suit, they have a jacuzzi! I was bummed I didn't have one with me.

Room Tip: I had one on the courtyard which was quiet in winter
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Perfect location for visiting Beaune. Walking distance from the town centre. Parking immediately beneath the hotel with direct access. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms clean some with great views ! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2014

In the historic town of Beaune, this is a nice modern hotel.

Location was great! We parked the car when we arrived and didn't use it again until we checked out as everything was within easy walking distance.

Breakfast was great and the best thing ever was the juicer. Freshly squeezed oranges straight into the glass... couldn't get enough!!

Service was very good and the rooms were a good size.

Keeping in mind that this is an Ibis Hotel, your expectations should be that it will be basic and functional hotel, which it is... but it is an above average Ibis that I would recommend for 1 or 2 nights stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Arriving by car the spacious, clean underground parking is a clear plus.

The hotel is modern and new. The lift takes you directly from the parking up to the rooms. The rooms are clean, modern, equipped with a modern bathroom, large shower.

The room itself could might be a bit larger....but in general it is good enough. A free bottle of water and some sweets are waiting for you, a plus.

The location is fantastic. Opposite the hotel is the "entrance" to the historical city centre of Beaune which is really beautiful. Nearby the hotel one can find various bars and restaurants.

Breakfast is good. Maybe not fantastic...but it is an Ibis Styles... However,staff is quick in refilling anything that is getting low in quantity. A real highlight is the machine that presses fresh orange juice.

I would return any time to this hotel. Definetely one of the best options to stay at for visiting Beaune.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family