All reviews fresh baguette hotel is centrally located hotel dieu two night stay three star croissants charm suitcases cheese
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel. Well situated in the center of Beaune. Good bed. Tasty continental breakfast . Check the room for reduce mobility. Some room got some steep stairs . The young chap at the reception was helpful and professional .

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 14, 2018

This hotel is centrally located and a offers very good base for a visit to the historic places of interest in Beaune. The hotel itself is average, but with quiet (as it's in a semi-pedestrian area), clean and comfortable rooms. The staff are helpful and friendly. I didn't take the breakfast, so I can't comment on it. Room prices are reasonable.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

We decided not to have the hotels 12euro breakfast and we were asked daily whether the hotel could set a place for the next morning, to which again we said no. We did however ask if we could have a cup of coffee or for myself a cup of hot water in the morning as there is no coffee dispenser or kettle in our room. We were told yes. The first morning no problem I had a cup of hot water. The second morning I was admonished by the staff for taking a cup “not assigned” to me. When I asked if I was mistaken in taking hot water I was told no but I needed to daily ask permission. I said I had. “Not today” I was loudly told and was again admonished for taking an unassigned cup. So I asked who should I ask and where can I get a unassigned cup. The staff was getting a little agitated as was I and snidely he said I should “ask the mayor” then repeated I “must ask the staff” “must ask the staff” and walked away. What was a simple issue became a needless and uncomfortable confrontation. By putting a few extra cups on the serving table or having a coffee maker or kettle in the rooms would have solved this however the attitude of this staff was not only arrogant but rude and now is a very poor reflection of this hotel. By the way I’m pretty sure the Mayor isn’t interested at all in mediating this dispute but perhaps they will note that some of their citizens are working against a positive rating of their town.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018

This hotel is 2 minutes from the Hotel Dieu and the centre of Beaune. We paid 75 euros and thought it was a steal. Parking outside the hotel except for Saturday when the market is on.
We didn't have breakfast as 12 euros seemed steep for coffee and croissants and as we found out there are cafes open at 7 am for whatever you fancy.
We had a roadside room but found it very quiet and comfortable. The staf were friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Avoid this hotel! The only good positive about this hotel is the location!
At arrival I asked about the free parking which was advertised on their website, to only find out that there is no free parking but we had to pay in the normal parking spaces along the street. I booked using a website called Hotel.coms which I never used before and I certainly will not use again! Their information are NOT correct (eg parking)
I booked 3 rooms: 1 single, 1 double and 1 twin to find out that the did not have a twin room. The receptionist kindly offered an extra bedroom at no extra cost. This was kind and nice.
The hotel has not air conditioning and we were given fans! I never had a fan that did not move air if not as close as 10 cm! Worst night ever! Could not sleep. The room was dirty, the blanket had stains (see attached pictures). The bathroom doesn’t have a proper door but a glass sliding door which doesn’t close fully. The bathroom as no ventilation! The hair dryer looked burnt with brown stains all over. The towels were so bad that after using them I had to have another shower to wash off the fluff left on my body by the towels and I had to use one of my cleaned t-shirt to dry myself.
Do not use this hotel if you want to save yourself a terrible stay. Luckily we stayed for one night only and that was enough!

Date of stay: July 2018