All reviews croissants charming hotel short walk old town secure parking small bar bread ham no lift family suite attic room within walking distance location is great wooden beams breakfast room wi fi stayed one night
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2019

We stayed here on New Year’s eve 2018/19. Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a large modern bathroom, parking in the courtyard. On arrival, we were treated really well with helpful information. The hotel is literally just outside the Beaune boulevard peripherique, five minutes walk from the very centre of Beaune. Breakfast served in a glass sided balcony room overlooking the courtyard was just great.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

Very well situated and just 5 minutes walk into the old part of Beaune. Friendly and helpful proprietor which makes your stay comfortable. Safe parking within the hotel walls. Rooms are basic and very quiet. Good offer for price.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in August and returned for a four day visit this week.The hotel is well located with many excellent restaurants a short walk away, has secure parking, all the staff are pleasant and friendly and our room was clean and comfortable, as before. This is a charming hotel with decor in keeping with the period of the building. Some rooms are accessed by steep stairs so if that is an issue for you (I did find it a bit difficult) then you should ask in advance for a ground floor room. Breakfast is delicious and all freshly made. We had a happy visit and will stay again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BelleBeaune, Propriétaire at Hotel Belle Epoque, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2018

Good Afternoon
Thank ou for your review and see you soon
Your Sincerely

Reviewed October 24, 2018

The property used to be owned by a wine merchant. It consists of a quaint 2 storey + 3 storey 'blocks' in a U shaped formation, with an open area + car park at the centre of the U. Location is great, it is just outside the Beaune city 'wall', therefore it's easy for wine tour operators to pick you up and the room rates are (slightly) less expensive than the hotels within the wall, at the same time it is within easy walking distance to the Hospice, the Wine Museum, the Art Museum and many many great restaurants, wine bars, cafe's and boulangeries. It is also just 2 minutes walk from the last privately owned mustard factory, and 5 minutes walk from a well stocked large supermarket.

The hotel staff are great. The breakfasts are satisfactory and ample, and reasonably priced at Euro 12pp, served up to 11am daily. The rooms are eclectic in the sense that they are of different shapes and sizes, some with large exposed beams and sloping attic rooflines, preserving the original features of a wine merchant's premises. Facilities such as bathrooms and toilets on the other hand are totally modern and functional; good WiFi throughout the premises.

A point to note - if you are unable to climb steep stairs, request a downstairs room or one of the rooms at the rear black, where the stairs are not so steep. We had to carry our suitcases up two flights of steep stairs. To be fair the lady receptionist on duty did offer to help carry the luggage.

We enjoyed the stay and will return if we are in the area again.

Room tip: We booked a larger room; it had a separate lounge. Did not book the largest room which could sleep 5 and sprawled over a large area.
Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Long T
Reviewed October 24, 2018

Our room was dark and dingy. It actually looked like the inside of an old barn. We were on the top level which was fine but the stairs were really not safe, narrow and circular - hard to navigate with heavy luggage. It was very warm and stuffy and there were no windows that opened. All that I could deal with but the cleanliness of the room was beyond it. The carpet was dirty and stained in several areas of the room. I would have never walked barefoot on it. That's how gross it was. The bathroom was clean and the sheets were freshly laundered. However, the shower curtain was mildewed and stained on the bottom - to the point where I showered with it outside of the bathtub. I did not want to touch it. The bedspread also had stains on it. I asked to be moved and had the young desk clerk come up and look at the room. She was very pleasant. I was assured that it was clean, had been vacuumed and cleaned. That may well have been the case but when the carpet was so stained that it very obviously needed to be replaced or at least steam cleaned (although I think it was well beyond that....) it's really unacceptable. And how much does it cost to replace a mildewed shower curtain? I was told there was nothing else available. Reading some of the other reviews, I assume there were better rooms. However, I would never stay here again. The only positive was its great location - walking distance to the old town and several good restaurants... The parking was also a bonus - secure and convenient. However, for me the cleanliness of the room was a deal breaker. I'm really shocked by the fact that this hotel was so highly rated by others. I'm not usually a picky person but this place was not good.

Room tip: Not on the top floor - dirty and dingy! Room was very hot and stuffy!
Date of stay: October 2018