“Rewarding day in Beaune”
Review of The Cook's Atelier

The Cook's Atelier
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed in a 17th century building in the center of historic Beaune, France, The Cook’s Atelier is a culinary destination for food and wine lovers. Our French cooking school, culinary boutique, and wine shop highlight the local artisan food producers and winemakers of Burgundy and France. We offer culinary workshops in our Atelier teaching kitchen and host intimate gatherings in our private dining room, with menus inspired by the bountiful markets of Beaune. Our workshops and gatherings are informative and entertaining, as we believe the process of cooking and dining around the table should be savored and wholeheartedly enjoyed. Guests come from around the world to learn more about Burgundy through cooking in our kitchen, and to experience the relaxed conviviality of sharing a meal together around our table.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We've just returned from a ten day vacation in France which included a few days in the Burgundy town of Beaune. Our group included myself, my wife and two "children" (ages 18 and 25). We spent a Saturday with Marjorie and Kendall of The Cook's Atelier and it was a great experience. As other's have described, we met Marjorie and Kendall at Hess's Cheese shop and proceeded to the market to buy ingredients for lunch. Marjorie kept a running commentary of the history and attributes of the various market vendors and pointed out those vendors who are the best at what they do. As we walked, Marjorie purchased cheeses, vegetables, etc. which we carried off to her newly renovated cooking studio.

Under Marjorie's tutelage, we prepared most parts of our lunch (featuring duck breast and raspberry cake) and then retired to her dining room where we consumed it (along with several wines selected by Kendall)

The food was good, it was a lot of fun (and educational) and Marjorie's family (Kendall and her two young children) are delightful. We walked away feeling that we had a better understanding of the daily rhythms of Beaune and what makes it, its food and wines so special. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Joel F

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was recently lucky enough to celebrate my 50th birthday in France with my best friend.
We attending Majorie and Kendall's cooking class in Beaune, Burgundy. I have to say it was my favorite experience of our entire trip.
We started and the Beaune Saturday market and got to meet many of the local producers that Marjorie uses. It was such an experience to see the relationships and pride that go into the food of Burgundy. We then went back to Marjorie's Atelier to have a hands on class in preparing an incredible 5 course lunch. We learned so much in such a short amount of time. I am so excited to share Majorie's recipes with my friends and family in the US.
This truly is a must-do for anyone traveling to Burgundy!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I can't believe that I am just now sitting down to write this review. Our day with Marjorie and her daughter Kendall was one of the highlights of our 28 day visit to France back in November 2012. I just sat down to scrapbook our vacation and the memories of this class have come flooding back. We started with casual shopping at the market before going up to their lovely space for our cooking lessons. We enjoyed the very casual and friendly atmosphere, while learning how to prepare our delicious meal. The day was so much fun! I highly recommend The Cook's Atelier as the perfect addition to your stay in Beaune!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I have taken many cooking classes this was by far the best. A must if you love farm to table cooking. The instructor has a passion for her craft and it shows. A++++

1  Thank Alice S
Reviewed November 27, 2012

A totally delightful culinary experience. The ideal way to begin a visit to Beaune. We enjoyed not only the food but the company of Marjorie and her daughter. They prepared a delicious meal from the best and freshest of the local fare, explaining how it was prepared. We would recommend this experience to all and hope to return one day.

1  Thank Traveler062