“Look no further for wine and gastronomy”

Burgundy on a Plate
Ranked #9 of 30 Tours in Beaune
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine & Gastronomy Tours - Full day private wine tours from 09h00 to 17h00 Cooking classes (a). Morning inclusive of lunch and afternoon wine tour: Late afternoon inclusive of dinner. Other activities: Cheese & Wine Tours: cheese tastings & education - paired with wine Wine & Chocolate Tours Wine & Truffle Hunting Tours Medieval Villages, Sightseeing & Lunch Customised Tours Large group tours Corporate Tours Small Group Tours Maximum 6 Private Customised Tours
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Navigating the Burgundy wine region can be tricky if you're not familiar with the wine makers, appellations, vintages and of course, the French language. Sue was a fantastic host who masterfully crafted an entire day in the Cote de Nuit for us thanks to her expert knowledge of the region and the people who run the various Domaines. Coupled with her exquisite taste of gastronomy and an amazing lunch she arranged for us, I couldn't have imagined a better day in Burgundy.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

As I sit here this evening enjoying a fine 1er Cru from the Burgundy region, I am drawn back to our trip to the region last summer. My wife and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and had 3 nights planned in the Burgundy region. Wanting an efficient "taste" of the region we decided to a privately escorted tour. We chose Burgundy on a Plate based on the very interesting tours that Sue offered. As we poured through brochures of standard tours of the region, we were looking for something more unique, more personal and more local. Burgundy on a Plate "on paper" appeared as a huge standout. We were also attracted to the fact that Sue was bi-lingual with English being her primary language. Since our goal was to learn as much as we could about the wine, region and terroir we wanted someone who could translate the intricacies of the region in a detailed manner. As much as we were fascinated with the wines we were excited and intrigued about truffles, foods, and fruits of the region. Our only disappointment was that we just had 3 days and had to limit ourselves to 2 full day tours.
Thankfully Sue is the type of person you find yourself wanting to spend more time with. She is knowledgeable, witty, and very charming. We enjoyed her "joie de vivre" and her passion for France, Burgundy, wine and gourmet. She was very organized and timely with her domaine visits, and seemed to have good rapport with the vintners. She nicely balanced the tour with time in the caves, the vineyards, and the tasting rooms. What is very important to know about this tour is the flexibility that it offers. Nothing seemed to have been set in stone, and could be molded to our desires and expectations. I encourage dialogue with Sue well before your tour so you can have the best customized tour possible. One activity that I would absolutely recommend is the Truffle Hunting experience. We are fascinated with this highly prized and highly flavorful mushroom. The morning with the truffle hunter and his dog was amazing. This was followed by a fantastic truffle laden lunch. I would not miss this. So alas, as I finish my glass of wine this evening I dream of a return to the region and of course with even more time spent with Sue and Burgundy on a Plate tours.

2  Thank skman
Reviewed April 23, 2013

One can't get a better tour of Burgundy than with Sue. Informative is an understatement. Not only does Sue share her vast knowledge of the area - food, wine, cheese - with you, but also, she shares her favorite places with you. This is about as personal as it gets. She customizes her tours to fit your wants and needs, and if you're not sure about what you want, she will decide for you and does not disappoint. If you are a foodie and a wine lover, this is the place to be with Sue as your guide.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The tour with Sue was customized just for us. She watched our reactions at the first tasting and helped us find wines that matched our tastes. She was affable and informative. I felt as though it would have been impossible to get into the domaines we visited on our own.

We began the tour with no knowledge of Burgundy wines and finished feeling perfectly able to make a wise choice on our next trip to our own local shops. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

1  Thank Marcy R
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although it was the darkest and rainiest day of our trip, Sue gave us an enlightening tour of the vineyards, imparting her local knowledge, guiding us through tastings at two wine producers and taking us to lunch at a nice restaurant. The highlight for me was Sue's selection of the wine at lunch, which was the best we had on our entire trip, and which I certainly would not have known to select on my own. There is a ton to learn to try to understand Burgundy, and while one day is not enough even to scratch the surface, Sue clearly demonstrated the breadth and depth of her knowledge about Burgundy winemaking, producers, and vintages!

1  Thank traveler807