“Customized and Informative”

Burgundy on a Plate
Ranked #8 of 29 Tours in Beaune
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine & Gastronomy Tours - Full day private wine tours from 09h00 to 17h00 Cooking classes (a). Morning inclusive of lunch and afternoon wine tour: Late afternoon inclusive of dinner. Other activities: Cheese & Wine Tours: cheese tastings & education - paired with wine Wine & Chocolate Tours Wine & Truffle Hunting Tours Medieval Villages, Sightseeing & Lunch Customised Tours Large group tours Corporate Tours Small Group Tours Maximum 6 Private Customised Tours
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Customized and Informative”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The tour with Sue was customized just for us. She watched our reactions at the first tasting and helped us find wines that matched our tastes. She was affable and informative. I felt as though it would have been impossible to get into the domaines we visited on our own.

We began the tour with no knowledge of Burgundy wines and finished feeling perfectly able to make a wise choice on our next trip to our own local shops. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marcy R

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Informative Wine Tour”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although it was the darkest and rainiest day of our trip, Sue gave us an enlightening tour of the vineyards, imparting her local knowledge, guiding us through tastings at two wine producers and taking us to lunch at a nice restaurant. The highlight for me was Sue's selection of the wine at lunch, which was the best we had on our entire trip, and which I certainly would not have known to select on my own. There is a ton to learn to try to understand Burgundy, and while one day is not enough even to scratch the surface, Sue clearly demonstrated the breadth and depth of her knowledge about Burgundy winemaking, producers, and vintages!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank traveler807
Concord, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Introduction”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

After a one-day tour of the vineyards and domaines surrounding Beaune, I felt as if I'd had a crash course in all things related to Burgundy wines. Sue has an exceptional knowledge of wine and culinary delights of the area, as well as all of the cultural and historical nuances that encompass this age-old industry. I recommend the day-long tour to anyone wishing for a comprehensive introduction to the regions many offerings. I plan to book lengthier tours with Sue in future visits to France.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kacy T
Austin, Texas
“Delightful 2 days with Sue in Burgundy”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I have experienced several group tours in Napa and Sonoma, but this was our first guided tour in France, and it exceeded our expectations. Sue went to great lengths to ensure that our visit would be memorable, and she suceeded. Along with several wine tastings, Sue somehow convinced a local chef to provide a cooking demonstration on the day that his French cuisine restaurant is closed. We had the restaurant, and more importantly -his kitchen- to ourselves. And oh wow - we felt like VIPs. Sue was an excellent commenator and interpretor. I was in awe of the chef's performance. Just observing would have been worth Sue's fee, but after the demonstration we were able to indulge in the results of the demonstration: a four course meal which was exquisite.

On our second day we toured a working goat cheese farm. Once again, another opportunity to dive deeper into the experience and charm of Burgundy. The cheese tasting after our tour of the operation was delicious - especially with wine that Sue had recommended.

Our time with Sue allowed us to gain greater insight into Burgundy's culture and charm. She went to great lengths to teach us about Burgundy's wine, cuisine, history and culture. Thank you Sue!

Visited September 2012
Shanghai, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The whole new world”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Many good things were said about this attraction and I think we can even add some more.
Me and my wife we just loved that sunny day spent in Burgundy with Sue! It was like opening a door to the whole new world (of fine wines!) and a huge wave of positive impressions just washed us away. We had everything we hoped to have from this day and the only thing to regret was that it seemed to pass too soon, though we had even some extra time to the duration of the visit we were promised. Some people mentioned something about buying wines after tasting. Well, I have to admit that I deeply regret that we bought SO FEW! If I had a second chance it would be a couple of cases at least. Way to go Sue, wish we will be back again some day!

Visited August 2012