“Great position,and that is it.....”
Review of La Concorde

La Concorde
Ranked #178 of 219 Restaurants in Beaune
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2010

A very,very popular Brasserie/Bistro on the main square of Beaune which is used by tourists and tour groups alike so if you want lunch ensure you are seated before 12.30 or after 2pm.
Cheerful service (we must have been lucky) and decent food BUT you have to pay top €’s for the privilege.
Omlette with salad,Croque Monsieur (delicious) and 50cl vin rouge gives you no change from €35 but that is a similar price to the half dozen or so establishments on the Square but it was hobsons choice for us that day.
The Groups love it – the Japanese couldn’t put their cameras away.

2  Thank Silverswimmer

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Arrived at the restaurant at 9pm when there were perhaps five other tables full and were directed to an outside table.

Serving the customers were a young waitress dressed in the customary French bistro black and white uniform and an older dark haired lady who was not in uniform and whom I presumed was probably the part owner - possibly married to a man who hung around the bar doing very little and who bore a distinct likeness to Sacha Cohen's character "Borat".

After we had sat at the table for 15 mins, the waitress finally arrived to clean our table and ask us what we'd like. We immediately responded that we'd like to see the menu and wine list please during which time she manged to tell my six year old daughter off for touching a salt pot - we should have left there and then as this was a sign of things to come. She brought us the main menu and returned 10 mins later to take our order. Again we said that we wanted to see the wine menu which she then finally brought.

My daughter's food arrived reasonalby quickly thereafter - what a rip off - a childens menu for 9 euros 80 - main course two tinned frankfurters and chips followed by ice cream - this was the smallest tub that I have ever seen - 3cms wide by 1 cm deep - it contained max 3 tea spoons of ice cream.

Our food was poor - I had the beef bourgoyne - the comments already made my other reviewers do not need to be expanded on - poor quality - the cheese plate costing 7 euros 50 was ridiculously small in size - an absolute waste of money. The whole meal felt tinned and prepared by someone with not the faintest cuisinery skill. However what made this restaurant really bad was the service of that lady owne ("Borat's wife")r.

We sat around and listed as she abused a young French couple behind us and two potential couples enquiring about availability of a table. The French couple had ordered wine by the glass and after taking one sip called Borat's wife over and advised here that the wine was corked and requested a replacement glass. Without even tasting it she agressively replied that it was not corked and that he was talking rubbish. The Frenchmen said that this was an expensive wine ( 7 euros a glass) and that he would not pay for something corked. She walked off saying loudly so that the whole terrace could hear " everything is expensive monsieur, even the coffee"

Never never eat or drink at this place unless you are looking to do a bit of research for screenplay comic characters. I have eaten at hundreds of different restaurants worldwide and this one ranks as by far the worst.

Another 10 minutes

4  Thank e_david_clark
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We usually pick a place to dine from reviews or our hotel recomendations. In this case it started to rain seriously and we just ducked into this restaurant to get out of it. There were a row of restaurants and I am sure that we picked the worst one! It looked nice and there were other diners so we took a chance and ordered dinner. The waitress had a bad "french attitude" . When we declined on ordering wine she removed the wine menu. A few minutes later we changed our mind and asked for the wine menu back. She spouted a flurry of french that I think meant "I already asked you about wine and you said NO" and practically threw the wine list at us and stalked off. That should have been our clue to leave....but we didn't. I stared with french onion soup thinking that it was perfect for the chilly evening. I couldn't eat more than 1 spoonful. It tasted like they dumped a pund of sugar in it (getting us back for changing our mind about the wine???) very strange, and was completely unedible. My husband's salmon was edible, but just barely. We didn't ask for any adjustments to the bill as we were afraid of the waitress! She asked me why I didn't eat it my soup! I told her that I wasn't feeling well which was true after the one taste of it.
The next morning at our hotel, the owner asked where we had dined. He practically cried when I told him- he said " No,no,no" and made a sad face :(

2  Thank Tennisgirl
Reviewed May 23, 2010

The food was edible, but no where near as good as other places in the area. The real problem with this place is the absolutely horrible service. The waiter seemed upset that we had disturbed his afternoon of doing nothing. He couldn't even get the wine order straight. I'm surprised there isn't some law against that in Beaune.

Anyway, absolute tourist trap. Go just about anywhere else in Beaune and you'll have a better experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

My husband and I ordered the menu of the day and some rose wine. The food was rather bland and some was distasteful. The worst were the wine and potatoes. The rose wine was sour. Not sour enough that I would say it had gone bad, but sour enough to not want to drink it. The waitress insisted that the wine was fine even though she did not taste it! The potatoes were canned. Mushy, mushy, mushy. Avoid this restaurant!

1  Thank emilythebunny