“Left a bit of a sour taste...”
Review of Brasserie Le Bistro - CLOSED

Brasserie Le Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had booked for luchtime and on arrival the waiter proposed the "aperitif maison" which sounded lovely, so I didn't ask to see the drinks menu... and on reciving the bill I discovered that the aperitif cost 15E. Pricey when the lunch meu was less than 25E....

1  Thank c-redgrape

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I ended up here because i saw 19-26 euro on trip advisor and good quality.
Well, food is great and so is the services but with 26 euro you'll get probably half a starter and half dessert. I ended up paying around 100 euros, with a small bottle of wine. I'm not complaining about the quality, it is right for the price but the advertising here is completely miguiding. It should be changed. I can prove the price are wrong i still have the receipt.
Anyhow, it is worth a dinner for sure.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food here cannot be faulted; everything was excellent. However it was the worst service of our whole time in France. We were ignored for most of the night, the waiter spilled a starter and nothing was done to compensate, and the meal took 3 1/2 hours.

2  Thank mimiPrinceton_NJ
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a truly fantastic lunch at Le Bistro.

First of all, I would like to mention the excellent service. While I always enjoy the long lunches and dinners in France, in this particular case we only had an hour and 15 minutes for our 3 course lunch, as we had reservations in the nearby wine cave following lunch. I mentioned that to the waiter and he made sure that all of our courses were delivered in time.

The food was excellent. For the appetizers we had the escargots and the chorizo/vegetables dish. Both were delicious. For the main course we had the steak with the side of various mushrooms (the mushrooms were truly to die for!) and the fish with a creamy risotto (the risotto was also to die for). Their bread was so good it was hard to put it down. And the desserts were delicious. I don't remember the prices exactly, but the 3 course menu was in a 20-something range. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Such a great treat for lunch and excellent value for money. The 3 course menu is even good for dinner. The sashimi salmon with ginger and lemon sauce is so yummy. For main course, I have the best fish in my trip! The cheese platter and creme brulee are of high quality. Service is excellent. We sit in the outside courtyard to enjoy the bright daylight. What a relaxing afternoon!

1  Thank small_legs