“Absolutely perfect.”

Ranked #25 of 215 Restaurants in Beaune
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

One word can describe this place. Wow. The steak is the best you will ever get, the food is the best ever. Just perfect. Whether or not you can speak French the staff are great and understand English, we know from early years but now know how to speak the language. We usually stop in beaune when driving down to the south as a mid way point and this place always hits the spot ! In the UK this would be a Michelin starred restaurant, in France it's just standard :D - I don't want to force you but visit here if you can so you can spread the word of how good it is! - thanks ! Au revoir.

1  Thank Fonejacka
There are newer reviews for Piqu'Boeuf

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just down the street from our hotel (de la Cloche) this restaurant had nice atmosphere. My wife and I both had a Sirloin (small - guessing about 10 ozs) with Bernaise sauce. Very tasty and after paninis, crepes and questionable pasta this was most needed. The steak ran about $27 but compared to the cost of everything else in France, this was money well spent. It included a side as well (fries/baked potato). Waitresses had difficulty with questions in English which stopped us from further from exploring the menu.

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

A popular restaurant, good if you enjoy steak. Would I go again? Probably not as there are so many other great restaurants in Beaune to try.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I both had the 27euro set menu which we thought was excellent value for a 4 course meal. (There is no way you could get a meal of the same standard for that price in the UK). I had the smoked salmon (large portion and delicious), the boeuf bourgignon (very flavoursome - I couldn't finish all the chips there were so many), the plate of 2 local cheeses (delicious if you like strong cheese, which I do) and the creme brulee which was an absolute delight. The wine was on the pricey side (between 5 and 7 euros for a single glass), but that didn't really seem uncommon for Beaune. The staff were excellent, there were no delays at all between any of the courses and they were very attentive. As for the heat from the open grill, we were seated next to the large air conditioning unit so there was no problem at all, despite the fact that we visited the restaurant during the middle of the recent heatwave. I should also mention that despite the restaurant being quite full, we managed to get a table at 7:45pm on a Saturday night without a reservation. Normally, I'd take it as a bad sign if a restaurant had availability then but I didn't need to worry as everything about the meal was perfect!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate at Piqu'Boef during our recent stay in Beaune. The food was excellent. Amongst the best steak we have eaten in France. Service was very good and atmosphere is friendly. Price was correct for the quality of the food.

1  Thank mary_gregoire