“Reservation Issues Made a Wonderful Meal Uncomfortable”
Review of Caveau des Arches

Caveau des Arches
Ranked #15 of 214 Restaurants in Beaune
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After researching on Trip Advisor where we wanted to dine in Beaune, we called Caveau des Arches and made reservations for that evening. When we arrived, however, they did not have our reservation down. I was able to show them when I called on my phone, so they honored the reservation, but I felt like they were giving me glaring looks throughout the entire meal. Also, as we were waiting in line to even give our name, someone came in behind us and they looked right past us to seat them. The staff seemed very pretentious and unwelcoming to American tourists. The meal itself was very good. I would recommend the beef burgundy. The cave is a charming place to dine. I would probably try again, hoping I had just caught them on a bad night.

1  Thank Tina R

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The beef burgundy was superb! Although the food was excellent, we were even more
impressed by the atmosphere and service in the below ground "cave". Really excellent dining experience for average prices. Hard to imagine a better value in Beaune.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by two locals and thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. It is quite a large restaurant with a really buzzy atmosphere. We all enjoyed our food. The melon soup on the specials board was outstanding and the charolais beef absolutely excellent. The wine list is good, too. And prices were reasonable

2  Thank Tina07
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Six of us enjoyed a traditional burgundy dinner at the restaurant. The menu was varied and we all selected different entrees. I ended up with beef burgundy (a very traditional local dish) which was delicious. Our friends are great wine experts and we had a very nice selection of wines through the meal. Interestingly, at one point as we were switching to the next wine choice, the waiter attempted to pour the new wine into the already used wine glasses. Our French speaking friends had a spirited and loud conversation (and argument?) over this and they finally convinced the waiter that, if the customer wants fresh glasses for a new wine opening - that's what the customer should get! It was a somewhat surprising situation at this first rate restaurant. Despite that little dust-up, I would recommend Caveau des Arches for a memorable meal in Beaune.

1  Thank Craig A
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were determined to try some real Burgundy cooking and booked a table for two at Caveau des Arches. What a treat. Menu Bourguignon fitted the bill with two starters of escargots and eggs in red wine followed by the classic beef Bourguignon. After we had a selection of regional cheese and for dessert a chocolate pudding, on my partners menu ,which we shared. The menu Burgundy is 25 Euro and excellent value for money. The ambience is terrific and is accurately described by other trip advisor comments but be sure to book.