“Very special meal”

La P'tite Beursaude
Ranked #5 of 186 Restaurants in Auxerre
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cuisine traditionnelle du terroir dans un cadre bourguignon. Ambiance chaleureuse et conviviale . Cuisine faite maison , spécialités bourguignonne . Salade d'andouille de pays à la crème de moutarde à l'ancienne , oeufs en meurette à l'Irancy , tête veau à notre façon , soupe de fruits au ratafia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Lovely restaurant, very welcoming. It was a bitterly cold night and the food was perfect for the weather. I had a salad of pork cheeks which had the most wonderfully melting texture, braised veal knuckle with Puy lentils and a vibrant cherry soup with Marc de Bourgogne sorbet. The patron was absolutely charming, and when I asked a couple of questions about how the food was cooked, he asked the chef to come and explain. Chef was extremely generous with information about the food, and gave me a taste of the Nectar de Bourgogne that features in some of the dishes. I am so glad that we chose to eat here - it was a great evening.

1  Thank Mary D

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great little restaurant, quaint and charming. Great service. Appetizer of escargot was to die for, the beef bouruignion was a bit tough, dessert was wonderful and since we there at harvest we also had some bourru. Would recommend it.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We got the last table upon walking up to this spot on a Monday night only because a couple decided to leave. It was one of the 3 tables outside and a lovely evening. It was evident the place was filled with locals all enjoying each other's company and good food. our meal was delicious. I had fish in a creamy mustard sauce with grilled veggies and potatoes. The service was good and the wait staff friendly.

1  Thank Etta707
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We've been to the P'tite Beursaude 6 or 7 times over the past six years but find hat they have obviously hit upon a successful but limited formulaic menu. This is fine for a first time visitor but it does get boring after a few visits.
Nice restaurant with little serious competition nearby but we have good reports of the St Pelerin so we'll be going there next time we visit Auxerre.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had lunch here on a Sunday near the end of a walking tour of Auxerre. I chose the place based upon Trip Advisor reviews. Good choice. We were quite hungry and planning for our lunch to be the main meal of our day, so we chose the 4 course prix fixe for 29E and added a 50 cl bottle of a very nice 2008 chardonnay the owner had on special for 20E.
For the starters we both chose salads that rested on very fresh greens. My wife’s had chicken livers seared to perfection and a poached egg along with a lovely light balsamic dressing and a medley of diced veggies that included squash, red pepper and broccoli. My salad was the traditional andouilette salad, also with lots of diced veggies but also with a hearty dice of French Andouille sausage which is not the spicy hot variety found in New Orleans. The dressing on this salad was more on the creamy Lyonnaise style.
For plats my wife opted for fish of the day which was pan seared cod and I went for the traditional “tete de veau.” Both were served with a pan fried potato cake that was absolutely divine. The cod was served in light citrus based sauce with haricots verts, diced red peppers, roasted potato and a side bowl of garnish sauce that was akin to a home made tartar sauce and totally unnecessary on this lovely dish. The veal head was braised in a very traditional manner and served with roasted potato, haricots verts, and roasted carrots. The plats came with a generous bowl of ratatouille which we devoured, it was so wonderful.
The fromage was a presentation of 5 very tasty cow cheeses ordered in clockwise fashion from mildest to most pungent. Also an excellent presentation but curious in the lack of diner’s choice.
The dessert choices were too decadent for my taste but my wife ordered a half baked gateau au chocolat that I call a chocolate soufflé served with vanilla ice cream. I had a bite and even though I’m not a big chocolate fan, I regretted not ordering it. The French really do know soufflés. I stuck with a glace and sorbet assortment that had intense flavors of berries in the two sorbets and a great vanilla flavor in the glace.
The place has a very charming interior with a half timber wall on one side, timbered ceiling and stone wall on the other side. Great place for a romantic dinner I would imagine, warm and cozy with room for only about 30 diners. The owner is very gracious and offers an English version of his menu to folks like me whose French gives them away with about the first sentence. But unlike other places that give an English menu translated by a computer and nearly useless, this menu was translated by a human being who actually knew both languages pretty well. So, yes we did spend upward of $100 for a lunch, but in truth they were dinner portions and judged by that criteria, we definitely got our money’s worth. It is not inexpensive, but the total experience was a real pleasure. If you found this review helpful, please click the helpful link below.

3  Thank Frenchguy48