Hotel San Pedro
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Des Abers(Saint-Malo)
$120
$116
All reviewsintra murosrooms are smallgreat view of the seaon the small sideexplore styogurtsmall liftquaint hotelfabulous locationinside the city wallsold cityfourth floorhigh seasonbreakfast was excellentshort staystar hotelcomfy bed
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for about a week.
The location of the hotel is very central and makes it easy to walk everywhere. Rooms are reasonably small, as in any old building, but still quite nice, clean, and comfortable. There are two rooms with an excellent sea view that can be highly recommended. Hotel has an elevator that makes it easy to take your bags up and go up and down if you are feeling lazy. Free wifi, french and british TV channels. The owner of the hotel is a very friendly and helpful woman. On arrival she provides all necessary information about best places to visit in Saint-Malo and around it, bus timetables, etc. Continental breakfast is a very good value, you certainly will not feel hungry untill late lunch. Everyday there is a variety and it is certainly something to look forward to in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Izenga
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I wish we could've stayed longer.
I wish we would've stayed in the double with the spectacular view.
Great location! Sooooo friendly!
WONDERFUL breakfast!!!!
My favorite hotel in all of France...???
Maybe!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JerJerBeaverton
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place was perfect for the money, the location was great and the lady who runs it is simply the perfect host. Inside the old city makes it easy to walk everywhere and I couldn't imagine wanting to stay anywhere outside of the walls. Couldn't believe the quality of the breakfast for the price it was great, biggest problem was trying to work out how to eat it all. The lady running here was just so helpful, she knew where to go, where to eat and could help you with anything that you needed, this was customr service at its best. Our only regret was that we didn't spend longer in St Malo, my fault but you can't stay away for ever. I would recommend here for anyone wanting mid priced quality accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank John W
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was my 2nd visit to Saint Malo, work-related again. I was going to book a cheaper hotel when a friend (french) suggested this hotel. It is right within Intra-Muros, so everything was within reach - Carrefour, shopping, restaurants. I stayed 5 nights. I love my breakfasts, never treated so special before at the price I paid during my solo travels for work. A basket of breads, honey, nutella, jam, a plate of cheese, plenty of coffee and juice, and cut fruits. It is also near the fort walls where you can go for morning and evening walks. The elevator is small though and the room, I guess being an old hotel within Intra-Muros and the owner,Mirielle, speaks little English, my room was booked by the friend. But she made up by her friendliness and suggested through her gestures and wave/tide charts that I went to see the famous waves - she showed me a video on you-tube. I did and was glad - fun experience. I plan to stay there if I come to Saint Malo again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank normahmg
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have been staying at the San Pedro for many, many years. It's a small, comfortable hotel where you can experience the joys of staying within the walled city without paying a fortune. Mireille is always extremely welcoming and her breakfasts are second to none. The rooms are quite small but they are light and airy and spotlessly clean. There are very good restaurants and small bars nearby and the beachis just across the road. The hotel now has its own private parking, which is a real bonus in St Malo.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple