We (myself, wife and 2 year old daughter) stayed at this hotel for four nights (108 EUR / night / without breakfast / only public parking lots).
+++ nice seaview, hotel located close to the sea
+ style of the hotel
~ breakfast average, but ok for France (13 EUR per person)
~ walking distance to St. Malo about 15min
- some of the staff were friendly, others (owner?) behaved as you can expect in areas with a long tradition of mass tourism: during a short season (June-September) guests are treated as cash cows. This is the reason for my overall poor rating for that hotel.
Until now I don't understand, why especially one woman (the owner?) showed a really annoying behavior.
- I travelled with a young child?
- I booked the hotel online (hotel-site) and received some discount?
- Austrian/Germans in France?
- I have asked if my 2 year old daughter has to pay for breakfast - I was told that she can join breakfast for free. (Nevertheless we received some angry faces when she has eaten some fruit salad and cornflakes, when I asked for another plate for her etc.)?
- We asked if there is a room for our buggy and have been told that we can leave it at the reception. Again annoyed faces when we did so.
- Another example for the mentality: I have paid my bill the night before check out. The woman (again: the owner?) at the day of checkout obviously did not know that and behaved like she was robbed when we left. This was funny to watch at least.
- St. Malo is an area with mass tourism and generally offers poor value for money (restaurants and hotels).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Hotel Beaufort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaufort Hotel Saint Malo