1,291 results
All reviews bar and breakfast room sea view old town walled city high tide lovely walk each morning within walking distance min walk train station hotel is in a great location street parking third floor ham nice room comfortable bed wifi
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2018

This clean, comfy hotel, with polite, friendly and helpful staff, is situated as close to the beach as you can get! When you walk upstairs from reception, one looks straight through the bar and open French doors to the sparkling sea - it takes your breath away! Yes, for some people, a refurbishment may seem like a good idea - but I enjoyed stepping back a little in time, and feeling that I wasn't visiting another 'clone' hotel. The only addition I would have liked, was a mirror in the bedroom.

Room tip: I looked over the roofs, it was very peaceful, but the sea view balconies looked lovely.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
P_Bir_SaintMaloPlage, Directeur général at Kyriad Saint Malo Centre - Plage, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2019

Dear Cath526
We like your feedback!! We don't want and we will never be a clone hotel!

Reviewed June 14, 2018

We stayed at two different Kyriad hotels in Brittany. They were like night and day. There is no air conditioning but is fine as long as you are oceanfront. It is stifling everywhere else. The rooms are very small. I had to shut the window to get out of bed. The WiFi does not work other than the reception area and then you have to sign on every 5 minutes and then it is extremely slow. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is typical. I would have liked to been closer to the historic center. This was a 10-15 min walk.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
P_Bir_SaintMaloPlage, Directeur général at Kyriad Saint Malo Centre - Plage, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

Dear cdke
Our room sizes (on average 15sqm) all respond to French 3-star hotels requirements. Superior, bigger and all rooms infos are available.
Intra muros is at about 1.3km from us but this isn't yet a secret! We are a direct sea front hotel and we can't be at both places at the same time. All decent online travel agencies have filters that help you choose the right hotel or you may even try the option calling the hotel direct with your questions and requirements.
Wi-Fi is complimentary in reception area and in all rooms. A complete overhaul of our Wi-Fi offer is planned in order to provide a top of the range one.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel fifteen years ago and had a good impression of it so booked it again for a two night stay with my husband. I booked a sea view room and was given one on the fourth floor. It is impossible to be negative about the views. They are incomparable. Unfortunately, the rest of the hotel did not live up to my expectations. Several reviews have mentioned that the hotel is looking a bit tired. This was my overwhelming impression. Despite paying 115 euros per night, our room was small and cramped. The Wi-fi was dreadful, we had to keep signing in every few minutes. The staff were efficient but not particularly friendly. The decor throughout really needs updating. Parking is very difficult on the street. We had to park quite far away. On the plus side, breakfast was good, easily the best croissants we have had on our holiday! However, at 11 euros per head, I would expect something decent. I think this hotel trades on its views and should maybe look to updating its image. I know we will look for something else when we return to Saint Malo.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear WelshGirlScotland
We couldn't agree more, the views from the hotel are truly amazing and one can't enough of those.
Our Room sizes, on average 15sqm (Wc included), all respond to French 3 star hotels requirements. Room sizes haven't changed since your last stay. All rooms infos are there at time of booking. Bigger rooms are also available, superior rooms etc but obviously more expensive and by booking direct there is a 7% off the rates on Booking.com, Expedia...
We know we are not perfect yet but we are getting there... All the positive reviews about us on tripadvisor, Google or Booking seem to share that point of view. Maintaining a hotel to the required standards is a never ending task and i have been doing just that ever since i bought the hotel in 2004. All rooms beds and linen are brand new and we have other projects regarding rooms, our sea view bar and breakfast room furniture, the main lift...
All the right infos about parking are there, you just have to read them!
The price of our breakfast (Euro 11) hasn't changed for years compared to the Euros 14 in other 3-star hotel in Saint malo: we offer 3 types of bread, croissants (you said it yourself they are the best ones you have had: quality has a price!), yogurts, deli meats, andouille! fresh fruits, crepes, far breton (breton cake), cakes, fruit juices, fruits salad, gluten free madeleines... and all these are good quality. If you want more, what you are looking for is lunch not breakfast.
As for the wifi, we are actually studying a complete overhaul of our offer, not just to fix it, in order to provide our guests with a high-performing, fast and reliable one.

We really hope you will find a hotel that suits next time you travel here.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We’ve just stayed at this hotel and although the place is a little tired in parts, it’s clean and the staff are lovely. The hotel itself is great for catching the sun, buses and perfectly placed for the great pastries and restaurant foods. Our room was fairly basic but the bathroom was nice and big. Downside was no air conditioning but the staff gave us a really quiet fan to plug in which did the job of cooling us down nicely. Our tap was wobbly but still worked and the bath and shower excellent.The hotel also accepts dogs but luckily the ones we came across were fine as we aren’t really dog lovers. I didn’t read all the details of the hotel so was surprised to be charged extra for breakfast but that was my own fault. Having said that I’m awkward being slightly wheat and dairy intolerant so it wasn’t such a great breakfast for me but I suppose I didn’t ask in advance what was available. Basically if you love all breads and cheese you are well stocked. Fruit could have been fresher. Good selection of herbal type teas. Shouldn’t have eaten them but the pancakes and honey were just so good.. just a warning some of the buses don’t run on sundays so if you’re feeling fit take a walk into the old town or just stay put. You could get a taxi but they are pricey. All in all we loved st Malo and the people.

Trip type: Traveled with family
P_Bir_SaintMaloPlage, Directeur général at Kyriad Saint Malo Centre - Plage, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Dear thelittlelady007

Thank you so much for a very detailed, considerate and honest review. it's a shame you didin't tell us you were wheat and dairy intolerant, we would have provided alternatives.
We are pleased for you that you had a lovely time in saint Malo. You truly deserve it.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

The Kyriad is in an excellent position on the front with free on street parking. The hotel itself is a little tired but having said that its typical of many french hotels. The terrace bar is an excellent place to have a drink and watch the world go by. The promenade is directly in front and its a leisurely 15 min stroll into the old walled town. Breakfast was typically french .. bread , croissants some ham and cheeses etc but I though a little expensive at 11 euros. The room was OK with a comfortable bed and good sized bathroom. Although the was no shower curtain around the bath which made using the shower head a little difficult.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear blitzboy

Thank you for your feedback.

Our location is really an ideal one, isn't it?