Le Grand Hotel des Thermes Marins de St-Malo
$95
$92
$101
2,129 results
All reviewsthalasso spasea wateraverage hotelold townfabulous hotelspent nightswalled townsea frontintra muroscaphornthalassotherapyjetsthalassaaddictiveaquaticrobes
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is situated overlooking a beautiful stretch of beach just outside the Walled City. Rooms are well appointed with a nice feature of an outside shutter which allows for a darkened room to aid in sleeping. The spa itself is spread over a huge area, plenty to choose from but a little difficult to find your way around. Very few staff around. The massage was very good with lovely heated towels. The water jet area is really extensive with lots of correctly placed jets for back and neck massages. The down side is that it closes in the middle of the day. Ate dinner entre muros but the restaurant at the hotel looks lovely with fabulous views of the sea.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank keenore
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed just the one night before early morning ferry at a discounted rate of 90 euro. Was surprised by how modern the bathroom was (looked new) and had a great outlook over the square. Great location but bit of a trial getting somewhere close to park via the one way system; the closest gate was closed due to street market. Left before breakfast but bill had breakfast added automatically so you need to double check before paying.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were there with our 1 and 2 year olds. Plenty of space in the rooms and the kids loved the super-size spa baths. The swimming pools were perfect for them as was the outdoor garden where they ran around with other children there. More broadly, Ile de Re is a super place with its villages, beaches, wonderful cyclepaths and generally tranquil atmosphere

We must recommend that everyone take the dinner package - their food was absolutely amazing. Breakfast was a bit dull but the nightly 4 course meals were superb as was the local wines. We would definitely go again

Room Tip: Rooms were big with fantastic spa baths and showers. Choose the suites if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Inkeyinc
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The location of this hotel cannot be faulted. We stayed in a suite in the newer wing which has rooms that feature contemporary furnishings and decor. Because we booked very last minute our corner suite had no balcony which is disappointing. I also would like to see an iPod dock for listening to music. We were fortunate to have two bathrooms and a separate toilet room which for three meant our daughter could have her own bath which for a teenager is important. The bathroom has a few problems, no conditioner among the toiletries and a wall mounted hair dryer which is difficult with long hair.

The staff in this hotel are either good or bad, no in between! The porter is amazing! Helpful, experienced and friendly! The staff at reception border on rude or just extremely unmotivated. When I went to check in, a younger French girl was extremely put out to have to speak English with me. Then my husband came and spoke to her in French which thawed her somewhat but not much.

We asked if they could make a dinner reservation for us at a place in St. Malo, popular where in Tripadvisor, told a time of 9:15, then called 30 minutes before to be told that the restaurant was not available. Hmmm, why say a time at all then? We ended up at the hotels restaurant, (another story).

On check out, we had an extremely nice young man to help us. Friendly, professional, motivated and happy to switch back and forth from French with my husband to English to me with no problem. While my husband sorted the bill, I noticed that they had a service for posting letters or cards. Our daughter had two postcards to send to friends in the US. I asked the other reception person (same unfriendly young woman as on check in). If I could purchase stamps for two postcards to US. Oh no we don't have stamps for the US, she said and started to walk away.....
What?? So just tell me how much it is for France and let us do a little simple math and add it up for international post! Not rocket science! I was just explaining this concept to her when the helpful young man working with my husband saw the issue and suggested the very same thing to her. Basically, she had NO interested in helping me or solving the very minor problem. There was much Gallic rolling of eyes and shrugging amusing if it wasn't so ridiculous. The stay was once again salvaged by the two male employees at the front,as we had a fantastic farewell and instructions from the porter for our next destination. Maybe they should sack the female employees.......which as a woman myself takes quite a lot to say......

Room Tip: I would not stay here without a sea view, which in my opinion is why you go here! Also would ask for a room with balcony. Also the higher up you are the quieter it will be for noise from Promenade.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank marlena m
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This beautiful hotel is right on the English Channel with beaches and the ocean walk just in front. The room was a bit small but comfortable. The restaurant was good but on the pricey side. We did not use the spa facilities but noted that the fees were on the high side. This hotel definitely caters to the well healed. The breakfast was excellent. It's about a 1.3 mile walk along the ocean to the old town of St. Malo where there are many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple