“Really very good but pricey”
Review of Le Coude a Coude

Le Coude a Coude
Ranked #78 of 387 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London
“Really very good but pricey”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I really enjoyed the food here - the fish was superb, I think it was sandre but couldn't find it in my dictionary. Lovely atmoshere and great out of the way spot. I thought it a little expensive but thank goodness I'm here on business!

• Visited August 2012

Paris
“Surprisingly nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stumbled on this restaurant after a long walk on the Sea Wall from St Malo to the end at Rochebonne. We had a lovely lunch in a surprisingly sophisticated atmosphere with lovely food and wine. The prices were Paris level, which was a bit of a shame, but it made a nice change from typical St Malo fare.
Lots of business people wre having lunch along with ladies who lunch and people like us.

• Visited May 2012
Sydney
“Beautiful clean food and Friendly staff”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Visited on a Monday night.
Tried my best to interpret the menu in French. I love the challange to try to pick something from how its written. Staff very kindly translated my choices before ordering.
Food, Main - Slow cooked Veal in Cider with vegetables. It was lovely. The meat fell apart into the cider broth which was a subtle. It reminded me of a homestyle meal my gradnmother would cook. Dessert- Apple tart. A simple long strip of pastry with finely sliced apple with a delicate butter sauce. Yummy.
Wine - drank a half bottle of Cotes de Gasgogne. Clean and crisp wine recommended by the waiter and what a lovely choice. I asked about where I could purchase a bottle to take home to Australia. They were kind enough to order a bottle for me to pick up the next day. Unfortunately I did not know they were closed on tuesday evenings when I went to get it. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit shame I didn't get to return for wine.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank NoodleNoodle
UK
“C'est fantastic! A truly excellent restaurant.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I had an excellent meal here - the staff are so friendly and the food is superb! We would recommend this place without a doubt - close to St. Malo but beyond the tourist beat (especially if you stay nearby at the Hotel Alpha Ocean, also good value and spotless).
DocD