“Friendly and fast”

Pizzeria Le Borsalino
Ranked #120 of 411 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are currently closed for important renovation works. We will be back in February. See you then !
Reviewed July 4, 2016

We've been travelling in France for nearly three weeks and this rates as one of the loveliest experiences. I had a creamy lasagna, piping hot while my partner enjoyed his pizza. The pichet of red wine was good, far better than we have had in more expensive restaurants. Our meals came out within five minutes, the cappuccinos were full of frothy cream and accompanied by a delicious piece of nougat. The waitress was charming and efficient and we didn't have to wait around for the bill. Great food at an excellent price

Reviewed May 3, 2016

Cold evening in windy Intra Muros (Saint Malo old city) . The small place (6 or 7 tables ) was full , but lucky us - one free table , and we were immediatly warmed up . After a few minutes we've reallized there was a second floor with more tables . The only waiter , smilling Brian , doing his best , trying to cater to all customers with his pleasant and friendly attitude , kept running up and down the stairs all the time .
The food was good , wine was good and Brian , Oh Brian , was a superman/star . Thank you Brian . We were happy .
We urge the owner of this Pizzeria to put another waiter/ess on duty when the joint is full !!!!!
Thank you again Brian .

Reviewed March 30, 2016

If you're hungry and you have to eat right away, order any of their pizzas. I ordered their pizza margherita and they placed it on my table after 5 minutes or so of ordering it. I didn't even have enough time to finish off my double café crème--it was cold the day we visited Saint Malo. The pizza was thin crust and excellent. I ate the whole thing.

The service was very friendly. The price was reasonable.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

After nearly a week of good and not so good French food we opted for a change to Italian. The spaghetti Bolognese was tasty but there wasn't enough sauce. Pizzas were huge and 1 could easily be shared by 2 people. The tagliatelle carbonara was authentic coming with a raw egg yolk on top to stir into the pasta. Outside Italy I've only had an authentic carbonara once before and that was in Denmark 30 years ago! The 50cl red and 25cl rose were ok and he bill was 34 euros.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

After initially being seated in the pizzeria-cum-creperie-cum-manner-free zone next door, my partner and I decided to leave and move one restaurant along to Le Borsalino. And what a move that turned out to be. Our foul mood was immediately lifted by a friendly staff member, who was affable throughout despite our pidgin French. My partner is a vegetarian and couldn't speak highly enough of her salad, while my pizza was first class—and introduced me to the concept of creme fraiche as a topping. We shared the profiteroles for dessert, which was a great idea because of how big they were! I'm no sommelier, but the fairly priced house red, served in a carafe, was very agreeable with the meat and creme fraiche-topped pizza. Well worth a visit if you've got a hankering for Italian when you're in Saint-Malo.