“Excellent food and very good value too”

La Brasserie Armoricaine
Ranked #52 of 391 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Place recommended by Nautilus Hotel staff where we stayed. Very good food, any sea food you picked up of the menu, especially Plat D'jour is excellent, we tried the place three time and every time it was spot on. Good service too. Highly recommended.

1  Thank FlyingChefTom

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Recommended by our innkeeper at Hotel Nautilus, the Armoricaine was a great choice for the excellent food and ambiance. We had a "menu" dinner (entree, main course and dessert) for 17 euros that included crab, smoked salmon, salmon, another fish, and a few mussels. Excellent!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Don't be fooled by the building a bit oldish style. This place is in fact simple and not pretentious. Good and genuine service. Good value for money. The kind of place you can feel the traditional side of things. The whole meal was simply excellent.

I am not sure if I will be back in Saint Malo, but if I do this place will absolutely be in my to do list!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We booked a table for our last evening and were very glad we did as it was full by 9 pm. The staff were freindly and attentive but unabrusive. The food well it was stunning! I had the crab mayo with fresh mayo and crab that came accompanied by shell crackers and a prong to extract all the delicous crab meat with a basket of fresh bread. My husband had the home made pate with a relish, toast and salad garnish. I then had a fillet of pollack in a light sauce served with new potaoes. My husband really enjoyed his steak cooked to perfection with saute potaoes and vegetables. To end meal he chose the cheese course from a wide selection of ripe local cheeses and I finished with a rich chocolate mouse. The price was excellant at under £50 for the quality of food,the wine and the great service we recieved. We do really wish we had this restuarant at home.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We didn't plan to go La Brasserie Armoicaine though we had heard good things about it - but both our other choices of restuarant were empty and we hate being the only people in a restuarant. The weather was atrocious, cold , hail, gale force winds and torrential rain so I expect many people had stayed home. Armoicaine, however, was full (at one point there was a wait for tables). The service was friendly and efficient and many of the diners appeared to be local - we didn't hear anyone speaking anything other than French. Other diners were friendly too and there was a good atmosphere in the restuarant. The food was just what we wanted - simple, tasty, traditional French cooking. . My husband loved his fish soup starter and my steak main was one of the most tender I have ever had. There are no frills here, no fancy garnishes or strange ingredients - it is straight forward and beautifully cooked, with an emphasis on fish. The prices are reasonable with a la carte and at least 3 set prices menues catering for a range of budgets.
We would certainly eat here again on our next visit to St Malo (a town well worth visiting , especially in the week before Christmas when there is a Christmas craft market, mulled wine and a lovely festive atmospehere)

2  Thank Dorsetbay