“Okay food, but terrible service.”

Creperie Grand Mere Alice
Ranked #87 of 380 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“Okay food, but terrible service.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very dour and unfriendly staff.

Took ages to serve us and ignored us throughout the meal.

The waitress was standing by the bar looking bored and staring right past us and the chef was drinking the cider that the creperie is apparently famous for rather than cooking our crepes.

While we were there 2 other families had to go up to the chef to ask to pay as they had got fed up waiting for the staff to go to them.

2 Thank Chapman23

• Czech first
Budapest, Hungary
“Perfect place for traditional galette experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Galettes and crêpes, simple and tasty, all freshly made and accompanied by the famous breton cidre. Staff very friendly, it was also possible to have the daily menu after the designated hours.

• Visited May 2012
Lille, France
“Excellent place for galettes and crêpes”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I tried this place on a cold and rainy day just before noon. Seeing that no tables were taken, I hesitated a bit but was ultimately convinced by the alluring menu and the recommendation from some gourmet guide.
We started with a galette with ham and cheese and these toppings were fresh and plenty. The galette itself was covering the plate and was chewy, the way it should be.
I also tried the crêpes flambée (with calvados and caramelized apples) and it was outstanding. I also tried the crêpe au nutella and I can say that is was as delicious as it should be and that it was not hidden under a thick layer of Nutella which would ruin the taste of the crêpe.
I also tried one of the local beers although I was wondering if it could be any good given the recent development of a brewing culture in Brittany but I shouldn’t have worried. In style it is similar to some English ales and it tastes as good.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank jenaipas
Mars
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“actually one of the best pancake restaurant I have been to in Saint Malo”
Reviewed December 4, 2010

some pretty good 'galettes' and the crêpes specialties are gorgeous. that was a yummi family meal we had there. the products were all fresh from the day. I love pancakes now. Some other clients seems to have been disappointed, and I do not understand why.

1 Thank jmcMars