“Very slow!”

Ranked #50 of 394 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant has the slowest service I have ever experienced and the restaurant was not even full. We had to wait so long to even order, then for entree and then again for main. It took so long we cancelled the desert orders because we couldn't bear to wait any longer. When we wanted to leave we had to wait to get them to give us the bill and then they never came back to take our card so we had to go find them because we were sick of waiting. If this had been accompanied by good food it would have been a bit better but it was all average food except for one of the mains which terrible.It was dripping in so much butter I thought I was going to have a heart attack eating it. It was not however expensive so I guess you get what you pay for.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by the hotel staff (at Escale Oceania). We'd usually walk the other way into the walled part of St Malo, so only a few steps away from our hotel but in the 'wrong direction' we would not ordinarily have found this place. However, the chef/owner was very helpful and welcoming and promised my husband steak with fois gras. The restaurant was full by the time we left (we got there very early in the evening) and service was timely and helpful. The food was delicious and we liked that the chef would come out and talk to the customers and was clearly doing an excellent job of keeping everyone well fed with little help. Impressive stuff and genuine quality French food.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This restaurant was just a few short feet from our Hotel. We had the 3 course prix fixe meal for 15 euros. It was a great value. The beef was the best we've had yet in the area. Very friendly place and good food. Worth the price.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had the last table available on the evening we walked past. Despite this, the service and food were exeptional, so I was surprised to read the last two reviews. Even more so, since the
proprietress and her husband, the chef, have five children themselves!
It's not a very large restaurant, and obviously frequented by locals..normally a good indication.
I can only speak as I find..and my wife and I found it very good.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We went to this restaurant as a party of 2 adults & 4 children with friends living in the area. The food is ok but we were made to feel so uncomfortable because our children were not silent that we couldn't enjoy it nor could we wait to leave. It was an incredibly uncomfortable experience which I would not want to repeat. There are so many restaurants in Saint Malo that I would avoid this one particularly if you have children.