“lovely food”

Ranked #295 of 391 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

visited three times all food we had was of a high standard, salads pizzas, seafood, will visit again

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I came across this restaurant whilst wandering rounds the shops until my partner came to meet me. I suggested it because it was busy and there was a nice moules dish on the menu. We got squeezed in, wasn't so impressed when I went inside. Got given the menu's, made our choice then waited about 20mins before catching the lady's eye, who clocked me, then ignored us for another 10 mins. Not happy at this point. Fnally made our order of Moules Martinquaises (with shrimp, garlic, chorizo and wine) and a caraffe of white wine. Caraffe arrived followed by the glasses 5 mins later. Then the moules arrive. One each with one bowl of cold fries to share. Took the lid off the moules and there appeared to be a cream sauce with cauliflower and artichoke. Yuk. Called her back and said this isn't what we ordered, repeated the Martiniquaises to her and listed the ingredients in French and she acted dumb and ignorant and didn't offer to correct her error. She knew she'd taken the order down wrong bearing in mind I pointed at it on the menu! Sauce which was minimal tasted of rotten veg, moules were small and rubbery. Generally disgusting and at this point VERY upset and annoyed at a wasted lunch in St. Malo. Don't go.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was just round the corner from where we were staying, the menu had an English translation and there was a good choice of pizza, pasta, fish and burgers. The first night I had the vegetarian pizza, wine and ice cream, the experience was so good we went back for the next two nights as well. Even the slight downer of a whiney child and a slightly burnt pizza base the third night doesn't prevent me from awarding five stars. The tagliatelli with veg was outstanding, I was expecting a mass of pasta with a small amount of veg - not so, the veg was plentiful and steaming hot besides. The fish burger was delicicious and the salad that comes with the lasagna is goooood. We were paying between 30 and 40 euros for 2 mains, wine, water, coffee and sharing a desert. We had various ice creams, you would NOT let a child eat the alcoholic ones - they are seriously lavish with the spirits. The staff were smiley, quick, but never rush you. It was cosy and atmospheric, and seemed to be a mix of tourists and locals.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We had an not very good meal at this restaurant.. 2 of us ordered mussels, which were tiny and overcooked, with only a tiny dribble of the white wine sauce at the bottom - which likely explained why so many had turned into rubber bands. They came with one bowl of fries which had to be shared between 2, which irritated as we were part of a large group and the two people ordering them were not sitting together. The draft beer was stale and unpleasant.

Pizzas were generally agreed to be good, not exceptional.

The service was actually excellent and I really can't fault the servers at all. Very nice, thoughtful (apart from the fries), prompt and attentive.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We were invited to La Dent Creuse by friends who had visited it the year before. We tend to be a tad competitive and vie to find the best new restaurant and my first impression was that it's a pizza/hamburger joint - not really our cup of tea. However we gave it a try and I'm very glad we did.

True, pizzas & burgers are very popular clearly because they eat well judging by the faces and comments from our fellow diners but there is another element with North African touches that appealed to us.

This is a small restaurant and it was busy on the Tuesday in April we visited. The waiter was totally on the ball, friendly and helpful but the kitchen was unhurried. Not that it mattered when you could see that the wait was worth it for fresh, well presented, flavoursome and very reasonably priced food. My Viking salad of seafood @ under 12 euros was smashing and on a par with any of the more popular restaurant offerings. The other three were very happy too with their choices and we will return when next we are in St Malo.

2  Thank mart126