“Excellent restaurant!”

Le Saint Placide
Ranked #7 of 376 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
lftornado
“Excellent restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We had a set menu with special treats along the way. Food, wine, staff, ambiance - all excellent! Extraordinary presentation and attention to detail.
We went for lunch and enjoyed every moment. Highly recommended!

• Korean first
Paris, France
“Very nice, romantic, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our meal at Sait Placide. The cuisines was inventive and full of flavors that married well together, including homemade breads and lots of small goodies to enjoy between courses. Wondeful ginger-infused lobster was an excellent starter.

The only things I didn't like was my dessert - a dense raspberry-chocolate cake that i found cloyingly sweet and far too raspberry-ish! It was rather odd. Perhaps just a glitch.

My only regret is that I found the "menus" a bit limiting - there are 4 of them, I think, and it would have seemed wrong to ask for substitutions (perhaps my own faulty assumption) and as a result, I really did'nt have exactly what I wanted. If I had ordered the courses I wanted individually, it would have cost quit a bit more.

All in all, a lovely meal, I'd definitely recommend it, perhaps I'd advise being more daring thatn I was in exploring the menu. The prices were reasonably, atleast compared to prices in Paris! Two of us ate for about 250€, inclusing an exquisite wine and an apertif!

• Visited June 2012
Asuncion, Paraguay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,420 helpful votes
“chapeau”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Good service for good food. Creative and innovative, while being perfectly presented and cooked. I would say innovation that makes sense... and for what you get, it is definitely reasonably priced. don't miss it!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank apalmero
“Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I just went there with my wife and we love it. The greatest diner of our lives!! Thank you Chef!!!

Paris, France
“Truly excellent food - staff a bit stressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Food is truly excellent, tasty, very fresh and well presented.
Nice wine list although the selection of half-bottles was a bit limited.
This is a fine gastronomic experience at prices that are not unreasonable given the quality of what you eat.
Staff felt a bit hurried at times (busy night) + very contemporary decor is probably a tiny bit over the top.

Visited November 2011