“Probably the worst meal I have ever had!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Le Javanais
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“Probably the worst meal I have ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is the first review I have done on a restaurant and not for the right reasons!
Being a vegetarian in France I struggle and welcomed the chance to have spicy food for a change. I travel Asia extensively with my job and love the food.
On this occasion the food was just so bad I am not sure where to start:
Starter was over cooked vegetables served with source in side dish so DIY.
Main course of rice, noodle and curry all tested horrible - not sure how they managed to achieve such a bad taste. Hardly touched any of the dishes.
Having expressed at the time of ordering that we wanted one dish of each the bill was over €60 (€10 bottle of wine included). Owner just doubled up presumably because the restaurant was almost empty and needed the revenue.
Both my wife and I were I'll for the next two days of our holiday.
Thank you Le Javanais for one of the worst dinning experiences I have had to date!

2 Thank XKR100

Manado, Indonesia
“Real Indonesien food/Makan banyak enak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

For all Dutch people who know Indonesian food very well, this is the Indonesian Restaurant in France to be. Food is delicious and you can speak real Bahasa Indonesia. English (Ingris), French (Francis) and Bahasa Indonesia no problem. Try the Lumpia, Gulai Kambing, Nasi Kuning, Mie Goreng, Sate, the are real Indonesian. This people knows the Indonesian flavours very well. We can recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank Manadonees
UK
“Le Javanais, St Malo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

I note a review from October 2008 and I'm delighted that this restaurant seems to be still there. In my view it is the only restaurant in France that understands chilli in all its varieties. Better for the Brits than the French but well worth a visit.

Jon

1 Thank Jon63
Sheffield
“A beautiful taste of Indonesia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

I have been to Le Javanais several times - no trip to Brittany is complete without a meal there!

The food is absolutely delicious, and the menu huge. So many exciting, fragrant and spicy dishes to choose from, with various curries, noodles and rice dishes. They also have the best dessert I have ever tasted...

A beautiful place inside, very ornate and cosy, and the owners are delightful and very friendly. A real pleasure every time.

Just be careful of the hot sauce...

1 Thank foodeater78