1,104 results
All reviews valet parking great hotel loved this hotel staff were exceptional hour stay huge bath free bar m gallery bar menu paris cdg luxurious hotel crepes soft furnishings courtyard area great shower front desk staff public holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2018

My daughter and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. The location is great - near to cafes, restaurants and boutique shops. It's also close to a small indoor shopping centre. The hotel is lovely but the staff made our stay special. I would like to commend Marika and Richard on reception. Richard booked our airport transfer very efficiently. Marika was simply fantastic throughout our stay. She gave us directions and made restaurant reservations for us. On returning I noticed that one of the restaurants had double charged my credit card. Marika has contacted them on our behalf and managed to sort it out.

We also used the spa during our stay. Our treatment (fully body massage) was lovely however, the "wet" area including sauna and steam room is small and needs to be booked in advance. The hotel limits guests to 1 hour per night however, we were able to split this into a 2 hour and 1 hour stay over 2 days.

Overall, our experience was lovely and, if we return to Rennes, would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank NicolaG2143
Reviewed January 30, 2018

Probably the most luxurious hotel in Rennes. Good service and nice rooms and decor. I cannot comment on the spa or breakfast, since I didn't try either of them. The restaurant for the dinner was excellent as well. Nice details was that mini bar was included in my room, but there wasn't anything else than water and soft drinks. For being a 5 stars hotel, I missed a better in-room dining options, but better to go downstairs to eat.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2018

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at, and I travel at least 20 weeks/year. Wonderful, immaculate rooms, Michelin-mentioned resto on premise (trust me, it's tasty), courteous and helpful staff. Rennes is a wonderful spot on its own, but it's also a convenient jumping-off point to Mont St Michel, Saint Malo and other interesting places. The hotel is well situated (and walkable) to both the Rennes town center and the train station. Important to note--while in an old building, all is to 21st century standards, including the windows which are triple-glazed to keep out street noise.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Pierre F, Deputy manager at Balthazar Hotel and Spa MGallery Rennes, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Balthazar hotel & spa. So thrilled you found the service “courteous and helpfull”.
Delighted that you enjoyed your room and our restaurant "La Table de balthazar". The cuisine of our chef highlights the fresh products, authentic and from the famous outside market for the most part.

Pleased to learn you set aside some time to visit our beautiful Brittany area, actually Saint Malo and the famous Mont Saint Michel are less than 1 hour drive, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

Again, thank you for your kind words, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit in Rennes.

Pierre Ferreira-Léal
Deputy manager

Reviewed January 3, 2018

I think I've stayed in almost every room this hotel has to offer. I've spend a lot of weeks in 2016 and 2017 in Rennes. With few exceptions, this was the hotel I stayed in. Always very well done. This is a NICE hotel. Restaurant is great, as is the bar. Breakfast is worth getting with your room.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2018

I had a wonderful two night stay here in September for a wedding anniversary treat on our way further south. The hotel is ideally located in the city and just a short walk from everywhere. While it is located in a pedestrian area you can drive to the front door and the staff will park your car safely for you. We stayed in a suite with a balcony with wonderful views over the city and had breakfast sent to us here one morning. The spa is nice but you need to book treatments well in advance, don't wait until you arrive. The bar and restaurant areas are comfortable and very tempting to juts sit and relax and sip a glass of wine. I have to complement the staff who were very efficient and extremely courteous and friendly with excellent English.
Make sure you visit the market while here, its huge.

Date of stay: September 2017