“Highly Recommended”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 19, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stay regularly at the All seasons and I love it. The staff is efficient. The hotel provides free drinks upon arrival. The rooms are very comfortable if a bit small. The location is excellent just in front of train station, yet quiet.

Room Tip: There is less noise from the street on the upper floors
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed in this hotel on two different occasions,the first stay i got the room on the 2nd floor,the 2nd stay got the room on 1st floor

Given the option,i will go for the room on 2nd floor,you can open the window to let the air in

The room is not that big,but it is quite comfy for France standard

I like the idea of the hot water available near the front desk,but closed at 10pm? Cmon,don't be stingy...

The breakfast is great and plentiful

The location is good,but a bit far from the main shopping area,but there's a shopping centre around 15 minutes away from the hotel

You cannot open the window on the 1st floor room, thus the room feels more stuffy

Room Tip: Pick the room on the second floor or higher
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

After a long train journey across France, I was looking forward to putting my bags down and relaxing.

The hotel is situated across the road from Rennes Gare.

On arrival into the hotel the receptionist greeted me and had me checked in within a few moments and informed me about breakfast and the free drinks that were available in the bar till 10pm.

My room was situated on the ground floor just past the bar area which was quiet but there were doors that seemed to sound proof the rooms along the short corridor so I can't imagine there ever being a sound issue in the rooms.

The room itself was nice and spacious, a large double bed, desk, desk chair and an area to place a bag or suitcase.

The bathroom was my absolute favourite, decorated in a dark tile the bathroom or better described as a wet room consisted of a rain shower, handheld shower with a hose attachment for ease of use, then there were also two (possibly three) other shower heads against the wall that could be used to wash feet and some higher up the wall... all shower systems could be chosen by turning the knob... a toilet and sink were also in there along with a hair dryer and lovely shower amenities one of which looked good enough to drink (I didn't just for the record :p).

The bed was very comfortable and cosy.

The free wifi was a great bonus but I did find it asked me to log back in quite frequently, at least every hour or so which for someone who relies on internet for their work can become a little frustrating. Having said that, when it's free there's no place for complaints and aside from that the login took all of 30 seconds to do so this part is more of a heads up than anything else.

After my cosy sleep I headed down for the complimentary breakfast, the smell of hot croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice was just fabulous, especially having lived off 'train station food' for the previous week which for anyone who travels often will know is rarely full of nutrients. So to be offered a free breakfast with fresh fruit and bread etc was very much appreciated.

I checked out in a few moments and headed back across the road to catch my train to the next destination.

A wonderful stay, would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
An Accor traveler
Paris, France
Reviewed March 6, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for one night and was very happy with my stay overall, great location, comfortable clean rooms, reasonable breakfast, free wi-fi, friendly helpful staff....... Until I tried to check out, I had paid for my room in full in advance with hotels.com but the receptionist told me that they had no record of it. I then showed the receptionist proof that it was paid, so she acknowledged this but said she had to get the manageress to see the receipt I had from hotels.com confirming my payment. This very rude manageress appeared insisted I hadn't paid and demanded that I had to pay her now, when I tried to explain and show her my receipt, she refused to look and very rudely insisted that I hadn't paid and needed to pay her. After about 5 minutes trying to get her to look at my receipt and informing her that no way was I going to pay for the room twice, she suddenly saw something on the computer screen, muttered something in French and said it was ok and waved me away with no hint of an apology. Disappointing end to an otherwise nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank AT67
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed here as part of a 21 day cycling trip. We primarily selected this hotel based on location (across from train station). While they were a bit perplexed at what to do with our bikes, they did find space in the baggage check room. Not a lot of floor space beyond the bed, but bright, nicely decorated and very functional. Good windows and A/C - quiet and comfortable. Overall felt like more a business hotel, but good value. Bathrooms seem pretty new (beware the shower knobs - definitely French). Breakfast standard, but adequate. Coffee (free) in lobby was nice touch. Lots of resturants nearby (il Basilico was great)..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple