Mercure Rennes Centre Parlement
Ibis Rennes Centre Gare Sud(Rennes)(Great Value!)
$56
  • Bar/Lounge
$121
  • Pool
Kyriad Rennes Centre(Rennes)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
$169
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Hotel Isidore(Saint-Jacques-de-la-Lande)
$110
$106
Campanile Rennes Sud - Saint Jacques(Saint-Jacques-de-la-Lande)(Great Value!)
$57
$48
Travelocity
Citotel La Ville en Pierre(Rennes)(Great Value!)
$54
Hotel Oceania Rennes(Saint-Gregoire)
$75
$72
TripAdvisor
All reviewspaper cupssecure underground parkingweekend breakshort walkfree wifi worked wellboiled eggsold citygood sizesuperior roomcentral locationreplenished dailycroissantsrennes centrecouple of nightsnice hotelsmall tablelocation is excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We usually use the Ibis, but decided to pay a little more to stay in this centrally located Mercure for a change. It's ok, but lacks a warm welcome and atmosphere, probably more happy with business visitors who are just looking for an overnight stay. The bar is dear and not even staffed, it's covered by reception staff who pop in and out. Our toilet wasn't fixed to the floor properly, and there were several cracked tiles in the bathroom. Overall, disappointing. Breakfast not worth 18 euros!

Room Tip: Quiet rooms face the garden
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike941
Reviewed December 3, 2013

had a memorable stay as compared to another hotel that ive stayed during my visit in France. loved the room. very clean and bedroom was perfect. also had wifi access without any problem.
loved the breakfast with lot of variety offered. however no dinner is offered in this hotel. so we had one outside in the vicitinity with our friends at a restaurant. great place. would love to come there again and stay in the same hotel.
Highly recommended especially to those on business trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Spent 2 nights at this hotel, it's location is great and very central. The standard of the rooms are slightly below the usual (paper cups for tea and coffee rather than normal cups or mugs), bare rooms, and thin towels, however this is just an observation not an issue. The bed was comfy, room was warm and spacious!

However, the service at the hotel isn't great, on check in I always ask for a non smoking room but was given a smoking room. I asked the receptionist for a change of room which was not a problem, but as I was going straight out to dinner with colleagues I didn't have time to switch my luggage to the new room, so the receptionist gave me key cards to both new and old room. On my return, I went to the old room, but they key card didn't work so the receptionist reactivated it, I then let myself into the room and was horrified to walk in on someone in bed, watching tv!! The receptionist didn't warn me that he had given the room to someone else in the short time I was out!

The other main issue was about customer service, on my 2nd morning I checked out 10am and the receptionist reminded me that breakfast was included in my tariff and pointed me in the direction of the breakfast room, I asked if it was ok to go and get breakfast and she said sure, go ahead. I found myself a table, the buffet was still laid out, and the waitress brought me some coffee but then told me in no uncertain terms, that I should be reminded that in Mercure hotels breakfast finished at 10am and although she would serve me coffee this time, I should bear it in mind for the future. I felt really uncomfortable!

Then finally, I went back to reception to find out where the bus goes from to the airport, the receptionist was adamant that there was no bus service to the airport and I should just get a taxi. I'd done my homework and knew there was a bus service(no.57), I just needed some help identifying where the bus stop was, but she didn't seem to want to help unless I wanted a taxi.

So all in all, nice hotel in great location, but customer service leaves a lot to be desired!

Room Tip: If you require non smoking, double check this at check in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Runija68
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were looking for a hotel that's in the center of Rennes, but that has guest parking. This hotel met all of our expectations - the parking was the hotel's and there was no shortage of spaces on the weekend. We had no problem whatsoever finding the hotel with a GPS.
Stayed there for 2 nights, and loved it, the location is right in the center and heart of the old city, lots of restaurants, cafes and shops all around it (a few minutes walk). The room was nice, facing the back yard, and quiet.
The only part we didn't like is that we booked a non-smoking room and upon entering our room, it still had the smell of a room that had been smoked in for a long time, a kind of odor from the walls or something. Opening the window solved it.
Did not have breakfast.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more for the privilege room, it's really nice to be spoiled a bit with a bath robe, slippers and a nespresso machine. Also, ask for a room facing the inside garden.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is really in the center of Rennes and pretty much everything is walk able. As some people have pointed out, if you are trying to arrive at the hotel on your own, it could be a bit hard as it seems to be hidden inside smaller lanes and then, there are at least 4 "Mercure" hotels in Rennes City center, so one should be careful to reach the correct hotel.

The rooms are adequate, clean and comfortable. I stayed in the superior room in 4th floor and quite satisfied with the room. Housekeeping people do a very good daily job and provide complimentary mineral water, cookies and then there is also a Tea kettle which you can use to make Tea/Coffee.

The front desk people are very helpful and know how to treat the guests. During my 10 day stay, I had many requests to the front desk and all of the requests were taken care of (Ex. free usage of printer and scanner facilities, room service at no additional cost, usage of kitchen equipment and so on). I am impressed with the way my requests were treated and accommodated at the front desk.

The location of this hotel is excellent. 2 min walk from a bus station that can take you to various parts of Rennes. This hotel is in city center which means one can roam around the city center with various options for food and shopping. The biggest advantage however is the fact that the main railway station and the bus stand is hardly 1 km away and this is helpful if you get a weekend to get to Paris/Mont Saint Michel/Saint Malo...

I would have given 5 stars if the Wi-Fi worked without hassles! Unfortunately this is not the case. Wi-Fi on the phone is almost unusable and even with the laptop, you need to keep logging in every time. And then there was a downtime for almost 4 hours on one of the days. The breakfast buffet is good enough, but at 18 euros, it seems expensive.

Overall. a very good hotel and I would recommend this hotel for any one visiting Rennes

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business