“Definately better than a 2 star!!!!!!”
Review of Hotel Les Alizes

Hotel Les Alizes
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Dinard
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My French boyfriend booked the hotel for a weekend break and he made a good choice! We arrived and were met by Fabrice who was friendly and helpful and also spoke English which was a bonus for me. The room was lovely; it was well presented and clean. It had free Wi-Fi, TV and a hairdryer in the room. The hotel is only approx 10 minutes for the airport and a 10 minute walk to the beach so it was perfect. It is also not far from St Malo if you want to visit there too. My boyfriend had to leave to go back to work for Monday morning and my flight wasn't until Monday night so I had to spend the day on my own. Fabrice and his wife Valerie allowed me to use the room until I left and supplied me with coffee while I waited for my taxi in the evening. They were so helpful and friendly and the room was so nice, I cannot beleive that it is only 2 star. A real hidden gem. Thank you for a lovely stay Fabrice and Valerie

Room Tip: There are 20 rooms in this hotel so it is a lovely quiet little hotel in a lovely location
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma S

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I arrived late in the evening without a reservation and I received the warmest welcome of my
entire trip (three weeks long). The manager asked if I had eaten and told me it might be hard to find a restaurant still open at that time (10 PM). After completing the check-in and taking me to my room, she fixed a cup of hot chocolate for me and brought it to my room. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and very inexpensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Barry B
Reviewed June 12, 2014

One of the best hotel we stayed in Brittany. Great, very friendly and very helpful owners. 10-15 minute walk to the beach/city center, < 5 minutes to the market. No problem with parking on the street. Love Dinard, better than St. Malo. Stayed 3 nights and used it to explore St. Malo/Dinan/Rannes.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We only stayed here due to our ferry back to Jersey being cancelled. The staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. The room was spacious with double and three quarter bed and plenty room to walk around. The only downside was the location, which was about a 15-20 walk to town centre. However don't be put off as it is well worth the money.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is the third time we have used this hotel. It is very clean and comfortable and very competitively priced - even at the height of summer (July 2013) . It is located in a quiet neighbourhood and less than 10 minutes walk to the town centre and main beach. The family who run the hotel are delightful people, The only point to note is that there is no elevator so you need to be happy about carrying your cases up one or two flights of stairs.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about carrying cases, please request a room on the first floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anon728
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here recently, I landed at Dinard Airport and called a taxi which was 12 euro’s to the hotel. On the way back the airport road was closed to the taxi driver had to divert costing us 22 euro’s which was a rip off for less than 5 km’s.

Warm welcome when checking in, booked a triple room in advance including breakfast. Room clean and airy as the windows opened wide.

Hosts of the hotel where nice, the breakfast was yummy and plenty on offer.

When checking out, we left our bags with the hotel and they arrange to book us a taxi back to the hotel.

Good location, about 10 mins to town & 15 mins to beach.

Would stay again…

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stopped in Dinard just for a night, and the reservation was also made in a last minute (and we didn't want to stay in much more famous Saint-Melo). There is plenty of parking on the streets, while the beach and most of the restaurants are located around 5-10 minutes walking. The location is great if you are travelling around and not mind walking, though it is not really that close to the beach.

Owners were very friendly and helpful with advices. Room was OK (on the second floor, we got a family room), quiet, while bathroom was very big. It was certainly very comfortable room with enough of space. Unfortunately walls are quite thin, and in the morning one can hear even a normal talk. Otherwise one couldn't hear any sound from the streets.

We opted for a breakfast, and it was also a good value for the price. In total, the hotel was a great value and a real surprise. Basically, its very difficult to such a good place to stay for as little money in France.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fabrice M, Propriétaire at Hotel Les Alizes, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at HOTEL LES ALIZES. I was very proud to share your glowing review of your recent stay . It is comments like this that really make our job worthwhile.
we look forward to meeting your expectations once again in the near future.
My kindest regards,