“Cordial house”

and 1 more site!
Villa Cote Cour
Ranked #3 of 15 Dinan B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We've spent 5 nights at Villa Cote Cour. Not only wonderful breakfasts with fresh bread and pastries, freshly squeezed orange/grapefruit juice, soft-boiled eggs etc. served in a beautiful dining-room did we enjoy (breakfasts in bed are possible too), but first and foremost everyday contacts with our kind, hospitable and very attentive hosts. Among recommended restaurants we found Les 3 Lunes and Mr Roberts as absolutely the best ones.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vaering

Reviewed November 9, 2008

This B & B was set in the heart of the medieval city of Dinan in Brittany. It is only 20 mins by car from Dinard. The city of Dinan was a beautiful town that was relatively less crowded compared to the touristy St. Malo.
When you arrive, you are greeted by the hostess, Beatrice who is pleasant and hospitable. She brings you into this 3 storey house that has been tastefully decorated by herself and her husband. She brought us up to the top floor family room that can fit 4 people with a large bathroom that contains a jacuzzi.
Looking out of the window, you see the skyline of the old buildings. We had another double room which was very comfortable.
We had only good things to say about the place as it was clean, comforable and fantastic service.
We were greeted each morning by a continental breakfast with fresh crossaints, freshly squeezed orange juice, eggs, cereal, coffee/tea or hot chocolate. The only negative thing we could say would be there were no tea/coffee making facilities if you felt like one in the evening after dinner.
We were very sad to leave Dinan after 3 fantastic nights and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank minutoshi
Reviewed July 20, 2007

We are a Canadian couple from near Toronto and I spent a lot of time on TripAdvisor to book the perfect "France experience" for my husband and myself. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Dinan, in large part due to the excellent hospitality we received and the great location of this B&B. (By the way - staying in Dinan as opposed to St Malo is much more quaint and much less "hectic" as it's not as filled with tourists and very busy streets. Dinan has everything you could want but is much quieter and more relaxing while still close enough to visit the other sights as day trips.) The Villa Cote Cour is a very short walk away from the "old town" of Dinan where you'll find all the shops, restaurants, creperies, patisseries, etc. you could ever want! Cobblestone streets, a nice port with great seafood, etc. all within easy walking distance from the B&B. We took easy day trips (with our rental car - free parking on the street outside the B&B) to St Malo and Mont Saint Michel. Our room at the B&B was spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable. Beautifully decorated as well! A great place to return to at the end of each day. (Spa services were available but we didn't use them.) A great continental breakfast was included each day (coffee/tea, freshly-squeezed orange juice, fresh croissants and baguettes and pain au chocolat, yogurt, and a soft-boiled egg). The room also had free in-room internet access which we used with our laptop. A lovely young couple own the B&B and they live in their home right next door, within the same walled area as the B&B. Very welcoming, yet secure. There is a lovely garden for guests who want to relax outside. (The owner told us about a laundromat just around the corner where we could drop off our clothes to be washed, dried and folded and picked up at our convenience - very helpful at the end of many days of travelling!) We would definitely return to Villa Cote Cour! Superb accommodation as well as location - a combination which can't be beat!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Lovewineandfood
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I was amazed with all the good reviews within TA that this was one of the first hotels I booked to my trip to France.

Unfortunately I wasn´t lucky at all.
Arriving in Dinan, I found a overcrowded noisy and poluted city. Took me a while to find Lord Kirchner street full with no place to park the car. Coudn´t blame the hotel for the city problems.

Hotel door was closed at 15:30h (July 3rd - Tuesday) I rang the front door bell and waited...waited....waited....
Just a beautifull white Golden Retriever showed up in the gate.
I waited for 30 minutes, ringing insistently the front door bell and no one came. I though with my wife we should be on the wrong place but this was 10 rue Lord Kitchener and the hotel had its name in the front door.
Ok. The clerk must be busy. Maybe she left to fix a running pipe, buy some food, toillet, whatever. Let´s go for a walk, visit the city downtown and then we come back.
Around 16:30h we returned and rang the bell again. Only the dog showed to say hello. It means the bell was working at all, right?

I had no doubt. I took the mobile and dialled the number in my reservation. No one answered. So I folded my reservation, took a pen and explained in the back that I did show up, but hotel was closed. I left the reservation in the mailbox. Took the car and left to St-Malo (much better than Dinan). I showed up in a Ibis, with no reservation, and got a room for E64 against E78 I was going to pay in Dinan.

I though, they must have a good excuse to close the Hotel in a business day, and these things do happen. I was just on a bad luck day. HOWEVER, the worst of all, and that really annoyed me, was not receiving not only a single E-mail with some apologies or explanation why they left a guest outside.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CassioTex
Reviewed May 23, 2007

We had a lovely stay at Villa Cote Cour. It is a short walk to the main part of town and on a quiet street. Much more personal than a big hotel -- it is small, very clean, charming and has a peaceful feeling about it. Beatrice was incredibly helpful and pleasant with excellent restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was very good and served in a pretty, conservatory type room that looked out to a lovely garden with many blossoms in bloom. Our room was not huge but adequate and spotless with nice, crisp linens, fluffy towels and a very modern bathroom with excellent shower facilities. We enjoyed our 2 night stay and would definitely return if we get the chance to visit Dinan again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flutemo
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Villa Cote Cour is a charming B&B housed in a 100+ year old home. It is well located just a short 5 minute walk from the old walled town. Our room was very comfotable with a king size bed and a spectacular ultra-modern hydro-massaging stall shower. After a week of European hand held showers this was a terrific amenity. There was no off-street parking but spaces were availabe nearby on the street. Breakfast each morning was excellent and the choice of a soft boiled egg was a nice addition. We stayed here two nights. This is a wonderful B&B but what set it apart was the grace and hospitality of our hostess, Madame Micheau. She went out of her way during our entire two day stay to speak with us and to see that we were comfortable. She happily offered restaurant and sightseeing recommendations and even made restaurant reservations for us. If your travels take you to Dinan, stay with Madam Micheau at Villa Cote Cour. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phillyfans
Reviewed February 1, 2007

A lovely young couple run this charming B&B, friendly welcome, lovely property, Dinan has tiny narrow little streets so the fact that we could park our car in their courtyard was very comforting. The beds/rooms were so comfortable, crisp and clean, bathroom modern stylish and pristine, with jet shower or jacuzzi bath. Madam Beatrice took time out to point out the best restaurants - we tried them -and had wonderful meals. The old town of Dinan it'self is just fabulous, so quaint with little cobbled streets and just beautiful old buildings, only 5 minutes walk from the villa Cote Cour. Perfect location and quiet at night. Breakfast was so pleasant in a gorgeous garden room type setting, croissants, breads, yoghurts, boiled eggs, real fresh juice and coffee....Nothing was too much trouble. I am an extremly fussy person, we travel a lot to nice hotels etc and I am always a big critic but this was really nice. We will definately go again, it is a wonderful place to take friends from overseas i.e. Aus and the States as the beauty of Dinan will "Blow them away!"

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TINA87470
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dinan
Mercure Dinan Port
#4 of 16 in Dinan
La Maison Pavie
La Maison Pavie
#1 of 15 in Dinan

Been to Villa Cote Cour? Share your experiences!