We should have written this review 9 months ago, but better late than never....
First a little about your reviewers. We are a couple in our early 40s, and have travelled extensively through work and business.
We stayed for two nights in late May 2013.
- LOCATION - This is situated right in the lovely town. Step out and you can begin your enchanted walk.
There is parking right at the hotel, but it is very tight and will almost certainly be full. But, they always somehow managed to jockey cars to find space (one of the reasons to always try to get as small a car as possible in Europe). RESERVE your parking in advance, given the limited space.
- BUILDING - Charming exterior, and a bit of a labyrinth inside --- Classic, urban old world.
- ROOM - Tasteful decoration, clean and a little bit tight (as typical in Europe)
- bathroom decent and warm shower.
- HOSPITALITY - Always helpful, though sometimes a bit difficult to find
- VALUE - Very good. Much better than any hotel in brand hotel.
- Wifi was officially available in the room, but didn't take
SUMMARY: A very good choice for a stay in Dinan: great location, clean, good comfort at a good price.
Have galettes at Crêperie Ahna! It's about a 5 minutes stroll down from the hotel. Great variety and delicious, probably the best we had from Rouen to here. (Better than Paris.) It fills quickly too!
Also, from the other edge of the old town, walk down to the water and walk to the rivers edge which is so picturesque. There is also a lovely little town just a little ways down the river (I can't recall the name). We drove (about 10-15min), but it would be a gorgeous bike ride along the river to it, or even a long walk.
Beautiful area :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the Mediaeval city of Dinan, opposite the " Théatre des Jacobins" The hotel welcomes you on this exceptional site, steeped with history. The 18th century rennaissance style building was built on the site of a Jocobin convent. In this hotel of charm, like the family home you will be seduced by a warm and charming atmosphere. 24 rooms and suites offering a magnificant view over this historic center and the celebrated "clock tower", a symbol of the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Arvor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arvor Hotel Dinan