“This joins my list of very favourite restaurants”
Review of L'Atelier Gourmand

L'Atelier Gourmand
Ranked #8 of 140 Restaurants in Dinan
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: No web address. But easily found via Google.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Sometimes you get lucky and on this occasion we certainly did.
This is a fabulous, family-run restaurant that is virtually part of the old stone bridge that crosses the River Rance. We managed to book one of the three tables at the very front of the covered terrace overlooking the river. But this was only the start of the pleasure. The food was simply wonderful; the service was impeccible and very friendly; and the wine was excellent.
From reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor we had already expected it to be good. But it turned out to be the best and most memorable evening of our summer holidays in France.
The Haddock Cassoulet was just amazing and so was the Tarte Tatin (but don't forget you have to order this at the beginning of the meal as it is freshly made). There is a wide choice of (very fresh) fish and meat and it is very good value. When we first spotted this restaurant we were almost put off from trying it because it was so busy that we thought it would probably be impossible to book a table. We were so pleased we tried, and succeeded.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We noticed this restaurant after we had finished lunch at Café Terrace and made reservations for dinner that evening. This is your typical French restaurant with cozy tables. My husband ordered Moules de Espana. The mussels were served in a tomato, chorizo, red pepper, cream, garlic and onion broth. The sauce was marvelous and the mussels done to perfection. I had the Moules D’Atelier. The mussels were served in a sauce consisting of jambon, champion, onion, garlic and cream. They were served with frites that were delicious as well. I could easily have eaten here again if we stayed another night in Dinan. Service was friendly, efficient and staff spoke some English as well.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We try to come here whenever we are in the area and it never fails to impress. The service is second to none, and on our last visit my partner dropped a fork on the floor and the waiter appeared with another one within seconds. The terrace overlooks the river and it's a lovely setting. Fish is always very good but the desserts are also a must.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We ate here on our second night of 6 weeks in Dinan at the recommendation of our landlords. By far one of the friendliest and charming dinners we have had in a long while.

The staff was extremely pleasant and patient with my crappy French, teasing and playing along with my attempts.

The food was superior, the service attentive and the cost amazingly reasonable. We will be taking friends and family back in the near future.

(Normally I would not bother to review such a well regarded place, but what the heck, a few more stats good stats never hurts.)

1  Thank MalachiUri
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Overlooking the Rance River, this is a small restaurant that appears popular with the locals. Although there are several Briton specialities on the menu, I had a very fresh goat cheese and vegetable salad which was superb. For dessert, the tarte tatin was amazing; be sure to order at the beginning of the meal. The owners have a distinct presence in the restaurant; the husband took time to explain the menu and was quite amenable when I asked for just a glass of wine. Sadly I only had lunch but look forward to enjoying dinner next time I visit Dinan.