“Excellent as always!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We love Dinan and always visit when we come here, at least twice a year. We cannot fault the food and service. The scallops are to die for!! On this visit we decided to visit Tripadvisor first to check out the reviews, and could not believe they were about the same restaurant. If we are anything to go by then you must eat here it is fantastic.

There are newer reviews for Le Cottage

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Starters were fantastic-anticipated the mains to be sooo disappointed!!! Nothing special-steaks over done and service very lax?
Visited two years previous and sat in the garden area when eating and were so looking forward to visiting agin-unfortunately very disappointed

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Having visted over seven years again we were served great food both at an evening meal and lunch,friendly service ,lovely decor.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were seated by the bar; the owners/ staff were shouting across the room, banging Ice buckets and throwing dirty linen in the bin just behind my daughter's seat. They did move us when requested; but to a table upstairs where there was little ambience because of the bright overhead lighting. A speaker next to the table blasted out disco music- hardly relaxing! My steak was very fatty and I had to leave half of it. However, the rest of the meals for my family, and all the desserts, were good. A frenetic atmosphere; the young waiters were very helpful but one of them was quite stressed and managed to drop a couple of glasses!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

While staying in Dinan for 10 days, we passed the doorway to Le Cottage numerous times...we saw the fire burning in the dining room and smelled it's smoke wafting through the port area and were seduced. I read the reviews and knew that it had received several very unfavorable ones, but like a fool, I thought that maybe its food would match its fireplace....WRONG. I had a bouillabaisse of sorts with prawns. The shell fish sat in a pool of brown, painfully salty, gelatinous, liquid that rendered the entire dish literally inedible. After a first taste, I put my utensils down and did not eat another bite. The waiter made no comment or inquiry when he came to clear my completely untouched meal....making me think that this must happen often at Le Cottage. Don't make the same mistake I did...

1  Thank Fosdyke