“great food great atmosphere”
Review of Le Cottage - CLOSED

Le Cottage
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Having visted over seven years again we were served great food both at an evening meal and lunch,friendly service ,lovely decor.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were seated by the bar; the owners/ staff were shouting across the room, banging Ice buckets and throwing dirty linen in the bin just behind my daughter's seat. They did move us when requested; but to a table upstairs where there was little ambience because of the bright overhead lighting. A speaker next to the table blasted out disco music- hardly relaxing! My steak was very fatty and I had to leave half of it. However, the rest of the meals for my family, and all the desserts, were good. A frenetic atmosphere; the young waiters were very helpful but one of them was quite stressed and managed to drop a couple of glasses!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

While staying in Dinan for 10 days, we passed the doorway to Le Cottage numerous times...we saw the fire burning in the dining room and smelled it's smoke wafting through the port area and were seduced. I read the reviews and knew that it had received several very unfavorable ones, but like a fool, I thought that maybe its food would match its fireplace....WRONG. I had a bouillabaisse of sorts with prawns. The shell fish sat in a pool of brown, painfully salty, gelatinous, liquid that rendered the entire dish literally inedible. After a first taste, I put my utensils down and did not eat another bite. The waiter made no comment or inquiry when he came to clear my completely untouched meal....making me think that this must happen often at Le Cottage. Don't make the same mistake I did...

1  Thank Fosdyke
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I so wanted this place to be good. I have eaten here at least ten times since it opened and it has got gradually worse and more expensive - so why do I go back? Normally it is at the request of others. My most recent meal was a couple of steak frites, dessert and a bottle of wine and came in at over €100 and I'm not prepared to throw that sort of money at an average meal these days. I get the feeling that they no longer care about repeat business and rely on tourists who are sucked in by the menu, open fire and ambience. I hate to be negative. I want this to be a good restaurant - it has all the right ingredients and it's such a shame to squa fer a great venue, open fire and ambience. Whilst they are cramming you in so that you are closer to the person next to you than your dining guest and whilst the service is slack they will continue to lose goodwill.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Having visited Le Cottage on several occasions over the past few years we were disturbed to read some adverse comments. Ignore the - staff very pleasant and helpful. Menu, presentation, food and service all superb. A very enjoyable evening.