“Best restaurant in France I’ve eaten in!”
Review of Le Petit Bedon

Le Petit Bedon
Ranked #16 of 99 Restaurants in Carnac
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant for a night out as a family before heading home in a few days. I was driving around Carnac and came across this fantastic restaurant. It was closed at the time but I was able to google it and found the online booking system. We arrived shortly before 7pm and were promptly seated, the table was very tastefully done and the interior decor was very inviting. The staff were all very friendly and spoke good English as my French is still quite limited. They were very nice to my kids and gave them some colouring pencils and paper in the form of old menus. The kids loved looking at the French words and instead of turning the sheets over, they preferred to draw around the printed sheets with all the words. The food was quite exquisite and the flavours from my chicken dish wrapped in banana leaves were very memorable. All the plates were emptied and everyone was satisfied. I even decided to go for a dessert which I don’t normally do, the pavlova was so fresh, another true delight!
We were treated very well by wonderful staff and will try to return even if we aren’t staying in Carnac next year.
Merci

Reviewed June 20, 2018

When staying in Carnac Plage we usually eat at La Fregate but as that closes on Tuesdays we thought we'd try Le Petit Bedon. All started well and we were shown to a pleasant table in the centre of the restaurant. We ordered a not inexpensive bottle of Sancerre and I started with a carpaccio of beef. I poured my wife a glass of wine, sufficient as not to take her over the limit as she had agreed to drive us home,but enough for her to enjoy with her meal.

At this point a large group of people came into the restaurant and our waiter busied himself making sure they were seated and that other staff were tending to their needs. He then came over to our table to ask if I'd finished but was still looking over his shoulder at the newly seated group when he knocked my wife's newly replenished glass of wine all over her.

He cleaned up the mess and, being English, we didn't make a fuss and carried on with what turned out to be a very mediocre meal.

When we received the bill we were a little shocked to find that we had been charged full price despite the fact that my wife had a quarter of a bottle of Sancerre still resting in her trousers. When my wife complained that there had been no deduction for the wine assault the waitress said "Oh sorry, we usually deduct the price of the coffees".

Does this mean that this is a frequent occurrence. We won't be going back to find out.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

Decided to keep this restaurant for our last night in Carnac as it seemed a little special.
We arrived early 7.10pm and only a few people present. Shown to a very nice table and left with menus. Some things we knew and some were explained by the very nice waitress. We had an aperitif of Kir Vin (€3.50) and Kir Breton (€4.00) a great way to get you in the mood for an excellent meal. We decided to stick to the set menus I had Seafood Platter which had a bit of everything (not a great choice if you are like me and hate to fiddle around with all sorts of instruments to get the food out) but my problem not theirs. For main course I had John Dory which was cooked to perfection. For desert I went for the coffee and 4 small deserts (Set Menu €33.50) My wife had the Terrine of Sardines, Duck Breast for main course and 3 types of ice cream for desert (Set Menu €24.50) We had a bottle of Provence Rose (€25.00) and really enjoyed our meal. For a nice treat I would certainly visit Le Petit Bedon again.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

We arrived in Carnac last week and came across this restaurant so we thought we would book on line for Monday night at 7 we arrived outside the restaurant only to find the curtains were closed but we waited tried ringing no answer seemilgly they close on a Monday it didn't say that when we booked so I thought we would give them A second chance rang and spoke to a member of staff and booked for Thursday evening we arrived went in place was very busy a gentleman came across and I informed him we had a booking only to be told we are closed as we have a private party I have never been treated like this in any restaurant horrible staff no apologies never will I return awful restaurant and staff !!!!!!!

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Just happened to come across this place on a bike trip, and we weren't particularly dressed for the occasion ! What a great find, very welcoming hosts and great food and wine. Highly recommend.